Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batista v HHH/Orton v Taker-WM21?

• 19-01-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

The latest rumours are suggesting Batista vs Triple H at WM21 for the title and Taker v Orton in an inter-promotional match.

Here's the link:

http://nodq.com/news/108093510.shtml

If true it means the WWE have realised Orton v Triple H is too obvious and I salute the internet fans who have been saying this for months!
    This would mean Batista is set to win the Rumble though.I don't like that.
    Reminds me of 2003 and Lesnar and we know what happened there.

I'd like to see Cena win it and go to Raw with Orton beating Triple H at the Rumble setting up Orton v Cena at WM21 for the belt with Orton as the heel of course.
    Cena and Orton already squared off at Summerslam during Orton's promo...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

That has swerve written all over it. They must be taking lessons from TNA seeing as they pulled the ultimate swerve as Abyss is reportedly still with the company.

Either that or their stuff is pre-taped for months ahead.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

dunno to be honust!!!!!!!!
    all year they've looked like it was gonna be orton vs triple h at mania, but people got sick of it.this year its kinda less obvious how things are gonna pan out.we really wont know until the night of the rumble itself.hopefully it'll be a good one!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its back looking like Taker Vs Angle at WM again. My only question on this is, would angle be willing to lose at 3 WMs on the trot, as I cant see Takers record coming to an end, especially as this will supposedly be his last WM as an active wrestler.

Regarding Orton,if he doesnt go up against HHH, who will he feud with. Since Summerslam he has only feuded with Evolotion, a feud, which IMO failed miserably. He wont win the title the Rumble.

I would love to see Jericho win the Rumble (he is on a roll lately), and for Benoit to take the title off HHH, with interference from Orton. That way, we can still have the HHH/Orton feud continue, without it being the main event and boring is to sleep, and we can have a great main event from a wrestling point of view in Jericho Vs Benoit.

My WM Card:

Raw:
    Heavyweight title
    Jericho Vs Benoit (c)

3 way dance:
    Kane Vs Matt Hardy V2 Vs Snitsky

Street Fight:
    Orton Vs HHH

Grudge match;
    HBK Vs Edge

Tag Titles:
    Les resistance Vs Christian & Tomko Vs ??? Vs ???

IC Title:
    Shelton Vs Chris Masters

Smackdown:
    WWE Title
    JBL Vs Cena

Grudge Match:
    Angle vs Taker

Tag Titles
    Bashams Vs Eddie & Booker T (Eddie heel turn) Vs Rey & RVD

Grudge:
    London Vs Kidman

Thas 10 matches. id be surprised if even 4 of them happened. the only cert really is Edge Vs HBK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So gimmick if you were a WWE writer those would be the matches you'd be pushing for?Not bad!Certainly better than the storylines the current writers are coming up with.
    My WM card would be: RAW...

Main Event: John Cena vs Randy Orton (World Title)

*I would have Cena win the Rumble and decide to go to Raw as Benoit did and I would have Orton turn heel for the match.

Edge vs Shawn Michaels (NO DQ)

Hulk Hogan vs Mohammad Hossan (Hogan wins of course for America!)

Mick Foley vs Ric Flair (Hardcore Rules)

Batista vs Triple H (Grudge match)

Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho vs Shelton Benjamin(IC Title)

Kane/Taker vs Snitsky/Heidenreich (Inter-brand match)

Smackdown...

JBL vs The Rock(WWE Title-Rock wins but loses belt on Smackdown to JBL)

Big Show vs Kurt Angle (Angle makes him tap out)

Eddie/Rey vs Bashams (Tag Titles-Eddie heel turn as he takes out Rey)

(c) Carlito vs Booker T (US Title)

OK that's 11 matches.Only a couple will probably take place but this would be my card for WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

JBL vs The Rock(WWE Title-Rock wins but loses belt on Smackdown to JBL)

Why in gods name would you want that cnut Bradshaw to win the title back?

• Advertisement

Why in gods name would you want that cnut Bradshaw to win the title back?

Well I wouldn't want him to but The Rock would need to catch a plane to Hollywood,no doubt.Rest assured if I was calling the shots,Bradshaw wouldn't hold the belt for long after he won it back,indeed I wouldn't have him hold it ever again once he lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Id realy like to see Eddie Vs Rey(Heal) at wrestlemania for the US tital one-on-one for 20min's at least they would steal the show. Rey needs some more depth to his charicter. His matches all look the same theese days. He would have to change his in ring style to be more matt based which he is capable of. He rarly traids holds like he used to do with Eddie or Melenko in his early WCW days, hes all about repeating the spots and cashing the pay check theese days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Cena win the rumble? Are u insane Mr. Nice Guy. Cena is one of the worst wrestler's in the business. He has no good moves and cant sell anybody. He only looks good when somebody makes him looks good. Cena is over with the crowd. The only smackdown wrestler capable of winning the rumble is someone like angle, the rest of the SD roaster arent good enough. Since Ortan is wrestling hhh at the rumble, he cant win it. Batista will win it. HBK isn't in the main event picture at the moment. So batista is the only real option if feel.

elvis2002 wrote:
    Cena win the rumble? Are u insane Mr. Nice Guy. Cena is one of the worst wrestler's in the business. He has no good moves and cant sell anybody. He only looks good when somebody makes him looks good. Cena is over with the crowd. The only smackdown wrestler capable of winning the rumble is someone like angle, the rest of the SD roaster arent good enough. Since Ortan is wrestling hhh at the rumble, he cant win it. Batista will win it. HBK isn't in the main event picture at the moment. So batista is the only real option if feel.

Fair enough that you think Cena has no good moves and can't sell anybody yet you then go on to say Batista is the only real option?!He's just as bad as Cena,if not worse.The guy is overrated!
    Cena might be poor technically but he has charisma which would make an Orton v Cena match work.Batista has NO charisma and is only over due to a decent storyline and the fact that everyone hates Triple H.

If it was about good wrestlers winning then Jericho deserves to win as he has technical ability and has charisma but unfortunately Triple H and his new clique are only allowed headline these days.
    Batista will win the Rumble and we will get a boring,crap and predictable storyline about Batista contemplating whether to go to Smackdown or not and of course he'll decide to face Triple H for the belt.BORING!

My prediction is that the legendary David Arquette will win the Rumble and go on to Mania 21 to take on Triple H and finally regain that World Championship belt he has so deserved after all these years! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Dont see orton v taker any time soon a but wwe have surpise me before

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

if they turn wrestlemania into a huge interpormotioal card it could work the champions vs champions and the winner of the rumble<cena+batista draw> and had a raw vs smackdown ppv after the rumble both men <cena+batista>fight their champions for the oppertuneity of represedin their show at the grandaddy of em all wrastlemania and after the brands hold a draft so it could be good

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

Kio wrote:
    if they turn wrestlemania into a huge interpormotioal card it could work the champions vs champions and the winner of the rumble<cena+batista draw> and had a raw vs smackdown ppv after the rumble both men <cena+batista>fight their champions for the oppertuneity of represedin their show at the grandaddy of em all wrastlemania and after the brands hold a draft so it could be good
    my god this guys is a genius i mean he must be the next eric bisshoff
    where could i go to follow you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kencu

Smackdown needs a rumble winner this year, and he can’t jump to Raw. If that happened it would make SD even more a joke than it’s currently perceived as.

My fantasy booking/card for WM is…

Cena wins the Rumble. Bautista draws 10 or so and comes in cleans house for a while throwing jobber’s out left right and center and then HHH comes out to cheer him on but ends up distracting him and Shelton(the last guy left at that stage) throws out Big Dave. Hold the big guys off till late and end with a final four of Cena/Eddie/Jericho/Benoit. Four faces will work well this year as I expect the champs to still be heels. Cena wins it anyway and goes on to WM to face JBL.

On Raw

Matt Hardy comes back and teams with Snitsky to attack Kane. Setting up a Handicap match between Matt/Gene v Kane. Also lets them keep Gene out of the ring for most of the match which can only be a good thing. With Bautista p*ssed at Hunter there’s dissention in Evolution. To calm everything down Hunter decides they need to add a new member and he has just the guy in mind. This leads to the usual bait and switch tactic with it seeming like it’s going to be Maven but ending up being Shelton Benjamin. This leads Shelton into a nice fued with Jericho for the IC title. Bischoff make the main event for Mania on the Raw side HHH –v- Bautista –v- Orton –v- Benoit.

Raw matches for WM

Main event: HHH –v- Bautista –v- Orton –v- Benoit (keeps the HHH –v- Bautista match fresh for the next 2-3 ppv’s also ending the show with Bautista as champ but still in evolution is the way to draw, especially if he pins HHH)

IC Title: Shelton “its all about the” Benjamins –v- Jericho
    Tag Title: La Resistance –v- Rhino Taijiri –v- Christian Tomko
    Matt Hardy/Snitsky –v- Kane
    Edge –v- HBK
    Trish –v- Victoria

On Smackdown

JBL tries to bribe Cena to give up his title shot but Cena refuses. Angle complains about being screwed at the rumble and gets a chance to earn a shot at the next SD providing he beats the Big Show tonight. Angle loses by DQ when team Angle attacks show. Booker T makes the save as he had been assaulted by Team Angle earlier during a match with Luther. Rey and Eddie have words back stage about Eddie eliminating Rey at the rumble. Eddie tells rey he’s always had his back. During a match between Rey and Funaki for the CW title Eddie comes out and turns heel costing Rey the match. Eddie does the I brought you to America and how have you repaid me speech. (Eddie as a heel rules!) Usual build up with Cena and JBL leading to it becoming a street fight for the title.

SD matches at WM

Title – Champion v Champion(hasn’t been done is ages): Cena –v- JBL

Tag Title: Bashams –v- Paul London & Funaki –v- Carlito & Kenso(new team formed after Carlito says he’ll show Kenso how to pick up chicks in America)
    Taker –v- Heidenreich – Hell in a Cell (It’ll suck but at least it can be promoted)
    Team Angle –v- Booker Big Show (Handicap match)
    Rey –v- Eddie

Kio wrote:
    Kio wrote:
    my god this guys is a genius i mean he must be the next eric bisshoff
    where could i go to follow you

Thats a first .... people having conversations with themselves on a message board! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

cant wait till batista's face turn

Advertisement