Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG: Nokia 3100 or Sagem MyX5-2

Options
  • 19-01-2005 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Which of these phones is better overall? I'm leaning towards the Sagem 'cos I've heard it's camera is pretty decent but I like the slick, compact feeling (albeit camera-less) of the 3100. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Well I got the Sagem around christmas despite being wary of it not being a big name brand and all. Sales assistant assured me that he had one and that it was a very good phone. I must say i've been pleasantly surprised. Being used to a Nokia it took me a while to get used to, but now it's easy. Camera seems pretty good and other people tell me it is though I don't have much experience of camera phones. Text-wise, it's not too different from a nokia.
    Besides, you can't go wrong for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

if you want a cheap decent camera get the sagem.
    if you want to be able to send text messages get the nokia.

ive tried both and the 3100 is one of the easiest phones ive used. the keys are well spaced and responsive. but it lacks the features of more up to date phones.

the sagem is slow and tends to spaz out, freezing for upto 10 seconds at a time.
    the keys tend to stick when texting fast and sneding a text requreis a total of 11 keypresses from main menu to sending [not including message bosy]
    i find this pretty annoying when i send a message.

other than that the sagem offers wav ringtones, a good quality camera phone and other calendars and reminders etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I ended up going for the Sagem... one problem/question though... is anyone able to tell me how to set MMS images as wallpapers? I've recieved an MMS and extracted the image into My Pictures yet when I go to Settings -> Display -> Wallpapers I amn't able to choose any images except the default ones and the ones I have taken myself with the camera.

Any help?

Advertisement