Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selfbuild Insurance

Options
  • 19-01-2005 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi guys,
    I need to get some quotes for my selfbuild project starting in March. Who did the rest of you selfbuilders use? I got 1 quote from an insurance co in Naas for E4100.50 which seems a little steep.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aidox
    That seems high, I am getting a type of self build insurance from FBD that will cover any tresspassers on the site, it costs about 300 odd euro, one of the lads here did a self build and this is what he used.
    I am ensuring everyone else on the site has their own insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 AidoX

Hey Yop,
    Ive had 3 quotes in the last two days. 2 quotes from Hibernian, the first being E4,100 and the second being E3,750 through another brooker. I got the number of a brooker in Wexford they quoted me E3,100 (seems to be going down).
    Im going to strart looking outside Dublin as thats where most of the one off houses are being built, so they should have a better knowledge for this type of policy. Brookers in Dublin dot really have a clue.

Below is a typical example of whats offered for E4,100
    "This policy includes Employer's Liability which covers legal liability if
    someone working for you is injured or becomes ill due to an accident.If they
    were to claim against you Hibernian will pay up to 13 million euro.

Public Liability is also covered if a member of the public was to be injured
    as a result of your building work Hibernian will cover damages up to 2.6
    million euro.

Contract Works covers you for loss or damage to the building being erected
    for an amount agreed with you.It covers you for loss or damage to the
    buildings materials,tools,equipment etc up to €10,000 and for loss or damage
    to employee's personal effects up to €330 for each employee.

This policy is valid for 24 months and has additional benefits available." -- Im not sure what those additional benefits are but their probably at a cost.

Could you give me more info and possibly some contact details as to where your getting your insurance from FBD. I called them and they didnt know what I was looking for lol

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry lad., I will get onto your mano here and ask him for the exact details.

Cheers

AidoX wrote:
    insurance from FBD. I called them and they didnt know what I was looking for lol

Advertisement