Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally a petition we can all agree on

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

A good band should know their own direction. They should also be able to decide whether a producer is good for them or not.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

That petition is silly. They're musicians and they should be able to make whatever music they want. And if you don't like it then don't buy it. It would be terrible if every band just pandered to the wishes of their fans. Music would never progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

All I can say is that it would be interesting to see what would happen if they did make an album without bob. If it was to be as sihte as everything else, then fair nuff, no harm done. Its not like anyone in this thread would buy it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

metallica only existed for 4 albums they are now a really bad pop band.they are now everything they hated when they started out and said they would 'never' become.as for why they should cater to their old fans geranium it is because without them lars and the rest would still be playing in a garage :) maybe lars should still be there ....once they be came rich enough metallica just said feck it lets play **** music that appeals to 9 year olds that will get us 'fame' pff Fo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pugsley wrote:
    Thank you for that well written, and informative post, now wheres the MOD? :)

I hope you got the message that I'm not exactly Metallica's biggest fan in the world but I can advice that having a good old fashioned rant certainly is good for your health. Long live Metallica, if it wasn't for them I would have no one to rant about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I hope you got the message that I'm not exactly Metallica's biggest fan in the world....

which makes me wonder - who do you like besides yourself :)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    which makes me wonder - who do you like besides yourself :)

Processed cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Yea st. anger sucked, gone are the days of the black album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

:rolleyes:

Metallica arent children.
    They're old enough to make their own decisions. So what if Bob Rock isnt the worlds greatest producer, he like all the members of Metallica is interested in profits. They not making music for the love of it anymore, theyre doing it for the money.
    Dont get me wrong, I like a lot of Metallica's work but my interested in them has wained over the years, they're has beens now pandering to numetal fans.
    If Metallica really wanted the respect of online fan boys then they wouldnt have been so profolic in the closing down of Napster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Pugsley wrote:
    Like he has much competition in that regard :rolleyes:
    lmao..yeah, its either him, the alcho, or the twat... :rolleyes:
    I dont think the crab bassist even registers on the radar

If Metallica really wanted the respect of online fan boys then they wouldnt have been so profolic in the closing down of Napster.

Boom Boom! That sentence sums up Met**lica for me. Money money money.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

fitzer666 wrote:
    Yea st. anger sucked, gone are the days of the black album
    yEaH! tHe BlAcK aLbUm ToTaLly RoCkEd DuDe...!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Money money money.
    They'll probably have that on their next Garage album... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Whoah.

Images of Metallica doing an Abba cover.

:eek:

Please don't do that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

I like Kill 'Em All to ...And Justice for All. Anything after that just degrades as time goes on, apart from a few songs.

I signed it.

Advertisement