Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slip of the tongue

• 21-01-2005 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

This is a true story as told by Ray D'arcy during the week on his radio show. Basically the topic came up about a priest in a church in Dublin who (apparantly) records his homily ahead of time and then on Sunday he just mouths the words to it. A bit bizarre but it triggered Ray to recall a colleague of his who came in to work still laughing on a Monday after being to mass the day before,

The priest was a real fire and brimstone type of guy and was giving a homily trying to get in touch with the youth. So anyway, he was giving it loads, banging the pulpit and he says

"And as for ye girls, with your fancy smells and your blowjobs"... He meant to say blowdries (hair reference of course)... I nearly choked laughing when I heard it , that would have been a classic to hear first hand. THe priest would never have lived that one down!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

OMG! the shame! Suppose you have to feel sorry for the poor bugger, they are sworn to celibacy, so maybe he has something on his mind! I wonder how the other people in the church reacted!?!

Advertisement