Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened the site ..?

Options
  • 21-01-2005 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

What happened the site ..?

I thought we got blitzed for those leather bondage suits that
    Sparks posted ... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

I got all paranoid, thinking my IP had been blocked or summat for some reason (Firefox kept saying "Connection Refused" :p) So what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

I got all paranoid, thinking my IP had been blocked or summat for some reason (Firefox kept saying "Connection Refused" :p) So what happened?

We have had a major outage on our main server that is being fixed today.
    Hopefully we'll be back up sometime today?

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

Excellent! Nice work with the snappy restoration, I know some sites that would have been down for much longer while their lazy admins pulled the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Boards.ie's servers are somewhat older than you'd expect, so occasional outages like that happen. This place is much bigger than you'd expect, it's one of the single most popular sites on the internet in Ireland. But not to worry, we've not had anyone try to close the place down because of us just yet :D

Seems like the worst of it is over. Boards is set up with several machines all running to keep the site up, but there's a central server that does all the load-balancing and apparently it took to thinking it was a toaster oven, which didn't do the site much good, alas.

• Advertisement

Okay, so we may have spoken too soon! Bear with us folks, the board's just having a technical glitch, we're not going anywhere!

Advertisement