Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies for this....

Options
  • 21-01-2005 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

not being in the xbox sticky at the top but.........
    I have EvoX on my Xbox, it works fine for the Xgenesis emulator but on the MAMe and xsnes9x, the rompath is my F: Drive. I do not have access to my FDrive and want the rompath to be my C: drive. Can I do this?

Sorry again, I barely understand what I wrote and all the technological jargon in the sticky will make my head explode. I need it in laymans terms if you can.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There will be a file called config.ini with xsnesx. Open this with note pad and change the path in there. I'm not sure about MAME but its probably a similar method.

Attach you config.ini to your post and I'll try and do it for you.

EDIT: You should store all your stuff on E: drive. This is where all your music/game saves go and has much more space than C:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

I can't. ist on my xbox. I have no way of hooking it up to my pc

You have to edit the config file on a pc then transfer it to the xbox.

damn! How do I do that?

You could use a network cable and hook it up to your PC, but this is alot of hastle and fidely or you could edit the files and put xsnesx and MAME on a CD then copy them to the xbox (only work if you have boxplorer on your xbox) or you could just play them off the cd.

• Advertisement

ahhhh, I could do that I suppose. JEsus I'm terrible at these things. So I download the two emulators to a disk? All I wanted to do was play MArio Kart (which is on my e drive!!!)

The easiest way to do that would be to dowload xsnesx agian and the Mario rom again put them on a cd and just stick it into xbox and play.

The cd will need a certain file structre and names but it quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The CD will also need to be worked over with Qwix to make an XBFS ISO and you will also need a samsung dvd drive in the xbox to be able to read a cdr, otherwise you need to burn a dvd.

Oh yeah, forgot that. I use Craxtion.

Most xbox DVD drives will read CD-RW but not CD-R.

Wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah try a CD-R anyway, mine has worked with every type of media I have tried.

Check if there are two holes in the cd tray, thats a samsung.

Paddy, have a look around the websites it is not a straight forward job to create a cd, unless you are pretty tech savvie.
    Please phrase the question a bit more specifically than WTF, as that doesn't really frame a question all it does it makes me think that the info is above your head, if that's the case you wont get it here in two easy lessons.

tbh mate, I'm not sure what most of what was said here means. All I know is that when I got the xbox modded, I thought that it was going to be just a case of downloading my ROMS onto a disc, transfering the files to my E: or C: drive and playing away. I can't get access to the F: Drive (where a couple of the emulators are looking for roms) I've no idea (even though you'se have kindly tried to help me) how to fix this.

Do you know how to transfer files off a cd onto the Xbox?

I think so. I transfered a few zip files and music onto the C drive off a cd. I used the "my files" thing in one of the XBOX programmes

Ok cool if you let people know what your tech level is that makes giving you a hand out easier. Ok now that we know, you need to create cd's which can be read by the different file system that xbox uses. If there is an option with some of the software to copy off a normal cd straight to the xbox then use that to copy the stuff over.
    Otherwise there is a tutorial here somewhere, I cant find it now, have a look around, you can learn some stuff too http://www.xboxstation.com/index.php

Advertisement