Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helium Balloons

• 21-01-2005 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Does anyone know a shop in dublin city centre that sells helium balloons?

I'm looking for a cartoon'y one for my daughter.

thanks

nagero

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The party Warehouse in Airside business park , Swords have a good range .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i love when you get a helium balloon and let the helium into your mouth and your voice goes all squeaky!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

woosaysdan wrote:
    i love when you get a helium balloon and let the helium into your mouth and your voice goes all squeaky!!!

Yeah its all fun and games till you get left alone with a tank of the stuff and decide to see what happens if you suck in loads of the stuff.

You pass out...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Rew wrote:
    Yeah its all fun and games till you get left alone with a tank of the stuff and decide to see what happens if you suck in loads of the stuff.

You pass out...

VERY Dangerous .. The tanks are under huge pressure and you are more likely to rupture a lung and die !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I seem to recall there's a balloon shop beside Keily's pub in Donnybrook.
    From the Golden Pages - Dublin Balloon Company - 2693500

Don't accidentally wander into Keily's though, your collar will stand on end and you'll start drinking Heino and end up talking about the doairt.. You kneow?

K.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

sharkman wrote:
    VERY Dangerous .. The tanks are under huge pressure and you are more likely to rupture a lung and die !
    True but whats more dangerous is Helium replaces Oxygen in the blood letting you inhale loads of it wihout feeling like your smuthering. It deprives your brain of the afore mentioned Oxygen leading to brain damage if it goes on for any length of time. Luckily I was out doors and when I stood up the grass that I fell over on to was nice and soft. I was young at the time and proabably just did the equivlent of a hard nights drinking but learned my lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Rew wrote:
    True but whats more dangerous is Helium replaces Oxygen in the blood letting you inhale loads of it wihout feeling like your smuthering. It deprives your brain of the afore mentioned Oxygen leading to brain damage if it goes on for any length of time. Luckily I was out doors and when I stood up the grass that I fell over on to was nice and soft. I was young at the time and proabably just did the equivlent of a hard nights drinking but learned my lesson.
    i can just see it now rew falls over and a passer-by comes over to aid in your assistance (tries to rob your wallet first) as says are ya al rioght bud? wha happened? *rew in his very squeaky voice* i just took too much helium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Don't accidentally wander into Keily's though, your collar will stand on end and you'll start drinking Heino and end up talking about the doairt.. You kneow?

K.
    Oh roysh, yeawh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

K.

lol...i live beside there, and when i was drinking there before i heard a guy ask for a pint of "probs" ...barman knew exactly what he ment and pulled him a carlsberg.......probably the best larger in the world ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

thanks all, I think I'll head out to donnybrook then.

nagero

• Advertisement
Advertisement