Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

irishlimits.com

Options
  • 21-01-2005 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

can across a site that had a load of infomation about speed traps in ireland.. its lists them all by county...tho they are still lackin in a few counties tho...you can submit new ones if ya know one.

seems a handy resource as i tend to drive all over the shop and me need to know where the cameras are....

www.irishlimits.com

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Quality .. Thanks for the link .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How long before it is shut down by the law?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Excellent site.

Note also the information about the Cambridgeshire Police publishing locations of speed traps which has the desired effect of slowing traffic in these areas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

magpie wrote:
    Excellent site.

Note also the information about the Cambridgeshire Police publishing locations of speed traps which has the desired effect of slowing traffic in these areas.
    When I lived in Northamptonshire, the local fuzz also put the speed trap infor for the week up on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Checked 3 counties around here and SFA on them

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bond-007 wrote:
    How long before it is shut down by the law?

There was another site called speedtraps.ie or something...now gone.

edit> I was watching the news last night and it was stated that there are 20 Gatsos in operation and that at any one time 10% have filum in them!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    There was another site called speedtraps.ie or something...now gone.

edit> I was watching the news last night and it was stated that there are 20 Gatsos in operation and that at any one time 10% have filum in them!

Mike.
    That site had some scandalous stuff on it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

not sure how it will be closed down cos i dont think its breakin any laws...it seems pretty new so thats prob why there aint enough ino on all counties...im sure in time with people submitting it could be fairly comprehnsive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

yes very informative :) excellent. Yea I can't see why it would be closed down either. Could be or boys in blue ran outa film, so they set it up themselves. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Bond-007 wrote:
    That site had some scandalous stuff on it in fairness.

For instance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Petal

What is a red light cam? Is it used for detecting speed or for drivers who break red lights? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

run reds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hah, love the art on the front page. "pork scratchings".

Lots of info on Kilkenny I see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think that info was copied off the old speedtraps site that never gets updated.

Advertisement