Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not as nice as they used to be!

• 21-01-2005 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

What chocolate/crisps/sweets aren't as nice as they used to be when you were a kid?

Some examples -

Monster Munch. I don't know what they did to the flavouring, but they used to be MUCH nicer.

Malteesers. Used to have sweeter chocolate, as far as I can remember.

Loop The Loop (ice pops). Chocolate was sweeter, yellow bit was nicer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Monster Munch were alot nicer years ago, but they made them more spicey :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I agree about the Monster Munch they did use to be much nicer (ugh bad grammer)

I also think Cadbury's Creme Eggs have changed I used to like them when I was younger but now they taste much sweeter and not as nice. They're also not as big as they used to be. I remember them being able to fit into an egg cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i think taytos cheese and onion have changed
    i agree about loop the loops aswell too
    unless its just me getting older most ice cream tastes different to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Macaroon bars aren't the same at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Has anybody else noticed that Mars bars are slightly smaller than they used to be? Once the chocolate on top was nice and thick, and you could sort of grab it off the top. Not any more... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You all just got older people. Everything is better when your 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I like Monster Munch the way it is these days it turns your tongue blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ARGINITE wrote:
    I like Monster Munch the way it is these days it turns your tongue blue.

blue?!?!?

what the........

maybe monster munch thats 12 years old and has gone a funny colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yorkie bars used to have Y-O-R-K-I-E written across the top of the bar, one letter per chunk. But since the company took away one chunk, they have to write the whole word across every chunk. Remarkably, they simultaneously embarked on an advertsing campaign to tell us that Yorkie was now 'chunkier', failing to mention that it was also 'smaller'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

No they sell them is the college shop and they turn your tongue a blue\green colour. Im not pulling the pi**! there dead cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

All bars and sweets have either been made smaller or less tasty for some reason. I remember mars bars being alot chunkier. Monster munch being nicer. I recently had a bag of burger bites, and they weren't the same either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Monster munch changed company. I think mighty munch are the same as the old monster munch.

It had something to do with the rights to the name expring and it not being renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tayto used to manufacture Monster Munch under license from Walkers. When Walkers entered the Irish market, Tayto had to stop making them and instead came up with their own version Mighty Munch, which to be honest, just isn't the same. Most shops still sell the Tayto versions and it's hard to find the Walkers Monster Munch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I dont Monster Munch has changed that much, maybe you did. but ice-creams like brunch and cornetto have changed.

Waffles (crisps) arent half as flavoured as they used to be :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

CURLY WURLEYS! :(

They used to be HUGE! Like the lenght of me bleedin' arm!
    Now they're tiny and break ur teeth when u bite them :(

Chomp bars also :D

AlienGav wrote:
    CURLY WURLEYS! :(

They used to be HUGE! Like the lenght of me bleedin' arm!
    Now they're tiny and break ur teeth when u bite them :(

Maybe you just grew :D Just jokin!

I eat one curly wurly a year and thats the one in my selection boz at xmas :D They're nice though - would never think of buying one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

TmB wrote:
    Loop The Loop (ice pops). Chocolate was sweeter, yellow bit was nicer.

ive been thinking that myself for a while now. i think they changed the texture of the yellow bit or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Macaroon bars aren't the same at all!!

i felt that way too until i found one in a shop beside the irish life mall lower abbey street dublin. it was the old type of rapper and was perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

thafitz wrote:
    ive been thinking that myself for a while now. i think they changed the texture of the yellow bit or something.

its not creamy it grainy cornettos seem to have less chocolate in the cone...

monster much don't like them anymore...

7-up?? did it use to be alot different? or is it just me.

the one thing that is for sure the same is rockshandy by club

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

The bar of chocolate in the middle of Feast ice-creams gets smaller every single year - I remember when it used to be about 80% of the whole thing! And it's the yummiest chocolate ever.

Creme eggs also get smaller every time they reappear :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Pop Tarts used to be nicer

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Stuff that ain't the same, for me, would include Stingers, Wham, Refreshers, Chickatees (not same flavour), Ghosties, Pringles Sour Cream & Onion (bit blander) and Curly Wurlys.

Why must they destroy the good stuff in bad foods? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

when they brought out "chunk chocs" (ice creams ) last yr the chocolate on them was as thin as a wafer but before it used to be chunky-wunky :( fat frogs are different since they came back. moro's are after getting very tacky tasting (the middle part tastes as if its made out of Scotbar/Wonderbar chocolate and butter).... instead of Sparkles theeres those Capri's-not half as good...god damn monosodium gluthamate is taking over the world too- peanuts are filled wit it and its a carcinagenic ppl....the horrors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Loop the Loops.. tut tut tut.. not as good as they used to be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Prawn cocktail flavoured crisps, especially ones you get in a multi pack, they just dont have the ......... tang ... that they used to have. I used to love them, now its buffalo hunkys for me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

cream eggs arent as nice, and there a rip off, i went to buy one yesterday, and 80C, i remember them being less then 30p

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

What about Johnny (f8ckin) Onion Rings? They used to be huge and not so orange lookingand more onioney.

I am always suspicious when they change the name of a product. Snickers, starburst, silk cut purple anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conorea

Remember when they changed twisters to, like, pineapple or some other ungodly fruit that should never have been mixed with ice-cream? bad idea. has anyone noticed rolo's steady decline and dissapearance from the shelves and also from tv? fat frogs were also nicer the first time round. bigger too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

What did silk cut purple used to be called?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement