Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not as nice as they used to be!

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

refresher bars are definately smaller and not just cause i got bigger!
    I wish snickers was still Marathon...they tasted nicer then.

Didn't there used to be more chocolate buttons in a packet too?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

What did silk cut purple used to be called?

Silk cut purple are now just called 'silk cut'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

cream eggs arent as nice, and there a rip off, i went to buy one yesterday, and 80C, i remember them being less then 30p

Got four in Tesco for €1.20 the other day as they wouldn't scan and the guy didn't know the price - great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

is it just me or are aeros getting shorter?! they just dont last anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

i felt that way too until i found one in a shop beside the irish life mall lower abbey street dublin. it was the old type of rapper and was perfect!

About 3 years ago I was walking around the pound shop for some reason @ chrimbo time & spied a box of macaroon bars for sale ... bought them & was in great form when I opened the box and found that they were the proper 80s style ones ... I ate the lot of them ... I'm a fat b@stard now ... go figure :D

Plus, I remember that Double Deckers were much nicer when I was a kid ... my choccie bar of choice when watching a video on a saturday night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

burger bites used be way better years ago , they were more flavoured and not as dry as they are now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Monster Munch
    Malteesers
    Loop The Loop

Yea monster munchs used to be waaay nicer!more flavour on em , they were just betet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ice-burgers arent the same as they used to be, they changed the chocolate on them or something.

oh yea your right , ice bergers have definetely changed for the worst :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

the spongy bit is too thick i think..

yea plus it tastes kinda different , they used be wayyy better years ago anyway . :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    About 3 years ago I was walking around the pound shop for some reason @ chrimbo time & spied a box of macaroon bars for sale ... bought them & was in great form when I opened the box and found that they were the proper 80s style ones ... I ate the lot of them ... I'm a fat b@stard now ... go figure :D

Plus, I remember that Double Deckers were much nicer when I was a kid ... my choccie bar of choice when watching a video on a saturday night!!

How much did you pay for this box of Macaroons??
    The old wrapper.. was it that kinda 'rippable' paper, with 'macaroon' written in red on white backing, over and over again?

I used to love macaroons when I was younger..
    I might go on a quest to find some this weekend.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I was somewhere the other day and they had them....... im sure it was in town somewhere around the temple bar area i think.....

hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

I saw Macaroons in the shop beside Judge Roy Beans last week I think it was - looked like they were the old style ones too.

Chickatees just dont taste the way they used to either. Although sometimes I wonder if I just remembered them tasting better.

I wonder how many of these things that dont taste the same are because they have had additives that were deemed harmful at some stage removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

your tastebuds change as you get older. i used to love frosties sweets when i was younger. nicest sweets ever. can't stand them now

eeww i hate frosties sweets , but yeah wheelies were so much better years back , way nicer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I love frosties but one of the ingredients gives me palputations

ive always hated frosties since childhood , they were the only sweets the milkman brought and i could never get the wrapper off and ended up swallowing loads of silver bits , yoch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

alot of the corn snacks of old (burger bites, meanies, monster munch, wheelies, etc) have more air in them. nowadays you put one of them in your mouth and it disappears before you even get to crunch on it.

Yorkies are smaller and not as hard as they used to be

Curley Wurleys are way way smaller

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement