Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

predictions for royal rumble please!!!!!!!!!

• 21-01-2005 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

its a hard one to call, but batista is gonna really star in this.im not saying he's gonna win it, but he'll probably be in there for ages, like when kane was in there for ages in 2001, before being eliminated las t by austin!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Predictions?Batista to win it,I think that's a dead cert now.
    Michaels will probably eliminate Edge as well.

To be honest I think this Rumble will be crap.I don't like the fact that we know the participants in the Rumble.It was better when it was a surprise such as the 2001 Rumble when Big Show returned and the place went nuts as he choke slammed almost everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This goes against my WM predictions but I see the follwoing happening.

HHH to beat Orton to retain the title, with the help from Flair (usual interference). Orton is irate, and goes to Bischoff saying he is tired of being screwed by evoloution, and demands a spot in the Rumble, which he then goes on to win.

I sure as hell hope this isnt what happens.

What I hope happens is a Jericho win. He seems to be on a bit of a push at the moment
    -
    his clean win over Benoit is testament to that

and the crowd would certainly like that. Thing is though, is he a Wrestlemania main event 'draw'? I think a fued with himself and HHH would be off the chart as it has been in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

The Royal Rumble: Batista to win (I hope!)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
    TRIPLE H VS. RANDY ORTON
    TRIPLE H to win "SOMEHOW"

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: WWE Champion JBL vs. kurt angle vs. big show ---- JBL to retain the title

CASKET MATCH: undertaker vs. heidenreich --- Heidenreich to win

SHAWN MICHAELS VS. EDGE ---- Shaw Michaels to win (hopefully I am wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Ideal rumble;

Batista to win,

Flair to suffer a live stroke,

Randy Orton and Heidenreich to die in a freak lighting rig accident,

Edge and Christian to reform,

JBL to go back to making up the numbers in the APA.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Ill go for Batista to win the rumble
    Shawn to beat Edge
    Jbl to retain title
    HHH Ditto
    and Heidenreich somehow wins the casket match and thus revealing who Taker is going to face at Mania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

jesusjones wrote:
    Ill go for Batista to win the rumble
    Shawn to beat Edge
    Jbl to retain title
    HHH Ditto
    and Heidenreich somehow wins the casket match and thus revealing who Taker is going to face at Mania

Did you copy my predictions? :D just kidding ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ideal rumble;

Flair to suffer a live stroke,

Randy Orton and Heidenreich to die in a freak lighting rig accident,

Ya, that would be fantastic. Idiot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The Royal Rumble is to predictable in recent years except maybe with the exception of Benoits win last year. I hope we get somthing like that with a midcarder being pushed and maybe changing shows. Benjamin to SD maybe? but thats unlikly to happen.
    Batista has it won and this is why I wont be buying the Royal Rumble this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

yah batista has is won. No doubt, He's the only one in the rumble who's in the main event picture so to speak with HHH. Nobody cares about SD so a SD wrestler winning the rumble wouldnt matter a **** so it'll be a RAW superstar. We all knew Benoit was going to win last year... well internet marks did anyways. Batista to win for sure!!!!! The next night on raw should be fun then, HHH will probably want batista to go face JBL but batista will turn on HHH hopefully and give him the batista bomb. Now that would be entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Remember that year macho man randy savage came out first and was there til the end...the same year the bushwackers went in and straight out again. (You do know that everyone is told when they're to get knocked out and who's gonna win??)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No really? Aww you really went and spoiled it all for us now. You do know soccer is rigged don't you? Ask Bruce Grobbelar!

Oh and FYI, Savage never drew #1 in a Royal Rumble and in the 91 Rumble when Bushwhacker Luke got knocked right out again, Savage didn't even SHOW for it, he was meant to be #18 but Warrior chased him out of the building.

Get your facts straight, you've just been pwned by...
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I just hope something happens that will shock us all!Something we were not expecting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Stone Cold has the most Royal Rumble wins with three.

Big Show is the only Superstar to be the last man eliminated on two occasions.

The luckiest number to draw is No. 27 as that Superstar has won four times.

Drawing No. 30 is seen as a huge advantage, but the Superstar to draw No. 30 has never won the Royal Rumble.

It is seen as a huge disadvantage to draw No. 1, but the Superstar to draw No. 1 has won twice.

Tito Santana and Bret "Hit Man" Hart were the first-ever Royal Rumble participants.

"The Natural" Butch Reed was the first-ever WWE Superstar eliminated.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts recorded the first elimination in Royal Rumble history.

The second Royal Rumble in 1989 was actually the first Royal Rumble to appear on Pay-Per-View.

Ax and Smash of Demolition drew numbers 1 and 2, proving that it’s every man for himself.

1991 was Undertaker’s first Royal Rumble, and he recorded three eliminations before being ousted by Legion of Doom.

Bushwhacker Luke was eliminated in three seconds in 1991, which is a record for shortest time spent in the ring.

Hollywood Hogan became the first Superstar to win two Royal Rumbles when he won in 1991.

The 1992 Royal Rumble was the first and only time that the WWE Heavyweight Championship was on the line – Ric Flair entered at No. 3 and outlasted every Superstar to become WWE Champion.

Yokozuna recorded 7 eliminations during the 1993 Royal Rumble, which set a new record.

At the 1994 Royal Rumble, Diesel cleaned house and tied the record, recording 7 eliminations (all consecutively). It then took five Superstars to get rid of the big man.

Lex Luger and Bret “Hit Man” Hart both hit the floor at exactly the same time at the 1994 Royal Rumble as they were named as the first ever co-winners.

Shawn Michaels became the first Superstar to enter at No. 1 and win the Royal Rumble in 1995 – the final two Superstars ended up being the first two to enter as British Bulldog was eliminated by Michaels.

Shawn Michaels became the second Superstar to win two Royal Rumbles when he won in 1996.

In 1997, Stone Cold became the first Superstar to be eliminated, but still win the Royal Rumble – the referees did not see when he was eliminated, so he snuck back in and recorded the winning elimination when he tossed Bret “Hit Man” Hart.

Mick Foley became the first Superstar to enter the Royal Rumble three different times in 1998 as Cactus Jack entered at No. 1, Mankind entered at No. 16 and Dude Love entered at No. 28.

Stone Cold became the third Superstar to win the Royal Rumble twice in 1998.

Mr. McMahon made his only Royal Rumble appearance in 1999 and made the most of it as he won, eliminating Stone Cold with some help from The Rock and his Corporation.

In 2000, Rikishi tied the record for most eliminations, dumping 7 Superstars.

The Rock won his only Royal Rumble in 2000.

Drew Carrey became the first celebrity entrant into the Royal Rumble in 2001 – he eliminated himself after being scared off by Kane.

Kane recorded a new record, which still stands today, of 10 eliminations in 2001. He also recorded an additional elimination with the help of Undertaker.

Stone Cold set a new record in 2001, winning his third Royal Rumble.

Maven shocked the world in 2002, eliminating Undertaker.

Triple H won his only Royal Rumble in 2002 after he eliminated Kurt Angle.

Tommy Dreamer brought weapons with him to the ring, bringing a hardcore flavor to the Rumble in 2003 for the first time.

Chris Benoit became the second person at No. 1 to win the Royal Rumble (when Shawn Michaels did it, though, there were only 60 seconds in between entrants compared with the two minutes in 2004).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It is always a good idea to reference which website you got all those statistics from instead of trying to con people into thinking that you are a wrestling encyclopedia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

It is always a good idea to reference which website you got all those statistics from instead of trying to con people into thinking that you are a wrestling encyclopedia!

sigh!!!!! whether I got it from a website or not, really makes no difference, although it does seem to bother you.

so to let you sleep at night, wondering I am stealing any more content or information, I got the list from wwe.com - there now that wasnt too hard for me to acknowledge - wow, I just feel so rejuvinated after that, I can my soul actually being cleansed for that awful sin I commited - and then I wake up and realise that you are still a troll :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I'm going out on a lim here but i think John Cena will win,even thought i dont want him to, but he's undeated on smackdown for a long time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

After seeing Smackdown last week It looks very possible. He won his qualifying match and they adveritsed him for a rematch with Kenzo Sazuki for the US tital next week. He drops the tital next week I'd put my house (If I had one) on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm predicitng something is going to happen between Angle and Michaels in the Rumble because the rumour mill suggests Angle vs HBK at WM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

gimmick wrote:
    This goes against my WM predictions but I see the follwoing happening.

HHH to beat Orton to retain the title, with the help from Flair (usual interference). Orton is irate, and goes to Bischoff saying he is tired of being screwed by evoloution, and demands a spot in the Rumble, which he then goes on to win.

I sure as hell hope this isnt what happens.

What I hope happens is a Jericho win. He seems to be on a bit of a push at the moment
    -
    his clean win over Benoit is testament to that

and the crowd would certainly like that. Thing is though, is he a Wrestlemania main event 'draw'? I think a fued with himself and HHH would be off the chart as it has been in recent years.

Pretty close to what I was thinking, I was thinking the same about Orton getting into the Rumble but then when it comes down to just himself and Batista. H.H.H runs in and trys eliminate Batista but fails as none other then Shane McMahon makes the save starting his own corporation/evolution type stable with Batista and the group would be the Austin type evil face. They could save Hassan from his inevitable nose dive and maybe have Jericho the rock icon as he is join. Same type of get up as evolution sun glasses and suit.

Shane O'Mac back in the picture without having to half kill himself for a pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ph3n0m wrote:
    sigh!!!!! whether I got it from a website or not, really makes no difference, although it does seem to bother you.

so to let you sleep at night, wondering I am stealing any more content or information, I got the list from wwe.com - there now that wasnt too hard for me to acknowledge - wow, I just feel so rejuvinated after that, I can my soul actually being cleansed for that awful sin I commited - and then I wake up and realise that you are still a troll :)

You have redeemed yourself! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement