Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Antes Up subforum... hmmm..

Options
  • 21-01-2005 1:26pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it intrusive? I'm not wild about the big durty link at the top of the forum as I think it takes up too much space. I'll see what I can do about moving it to the bottom or somewhere else.

A couple of people have made comments about how handy it is for me to be admin here and have a subforum. To explain, I have at one time or another offered Boards forums to both Poker.ie and SuitedAces.com who both felt they were better off elsewhere for reasons I completely agree with. If any poker related site wants a forum (indeed ANY site can request a forum), I'm happy to oblige. Thats been our policy here since day one.

I'll see what options are available to me regarding subfora.

The site itself is in preparation and I hope to have it at least partly up by the end of the weekend. If I can keep away from the poker table long enough :)

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

DeVore wrote:
    A couple of people have made comments about how handy it is for me to be admin here and have a subforum.

Big deal. Very handy. Great. Would anyone not do something if it was handy? Look at the suited aces forum. I'm thinking of doing up some tumbleweed images.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boards has that effect on communities it touches... its kinda like a black hole sucking all nearby communications into its gravity well....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I don't see any issue with it, it's a site that will be of interest to the people who post in this forum, and this is the only place it's visible. If you don't want to go to it then don't click on it..

Advertisement