Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plastic / Reconstructive Surgery

• 21-01-2005 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know anything about Plastic / Reconstructive surgery in Dublin?
    A friend of mine is interested in getting their nose done. It has been broken before and alongside wanting it to look well, its causing them problems recently - nose bleeds etc.
    Do you know if its a medical issue are you covered publically to get the surgery or will they just fix the medical problem & not the cosmetic issue if you went through your GP?
    Any advise gratefully received!

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

My theory:

Friend = Oral Slang.

How big is your honker anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.cosmeticsurgery.ie/flash.htm

Medical will only fix whats medically wrong , and that knocks cosmetic surgery on the head, VHI BUPA etc only cover medical in most plans.
    So its private funding ie you pay.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think that you'll find a deviated septum is the problem and if they are rebreaking the nose for that I think they will fix the cosmetic issue as a sideeffect, but ask your GP, I'm not a doctor and I would suspect anyone claiming that they were on After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Rhinoplasty is best done on the continent. Keep your LC language skills up to date and google a London based European plastic surgery broker. European surgeons have excess capacity, more experience and are cheaper. They also factor in the recovery time with a relaxing holiday. Belgium and Spain are supposed to be above par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Maximilian wrote:
    My theory:

Friend = Oral Slang.

How big is your honker anyway?

LoL!...honker....:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A relaxing holiday in Belgium... not words you hear every day.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

...Unless you're a subscriber to PaedophileWorld Monthly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Oral Slang wrote:
    Does anyone here know anything about Plastic / Reconstructive surgery in Dublin?
    A friend of mine is interested in getting their nose done. It has been broken before and alongside wanting it to look well, its causing them problems recently - nose bleeds etc.
    Do you know if its a medical issue are you covered publically to get the surgery or will they just fix the medical problem & not the cosmetic issue if you went through your GP?
    Any advise gratefully received!

I've had a broken nose fixed, through "rhinoplasty" I think its called. My GP referred me to St Vincents, didnt cost a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Thanks for all info..
    Yeah it is a deviated septum. My mate broke his nose as a child and it didn't heal properly.. It would be obviously great it they could get it done through the public system, but had a feeling that they wouldn't solve any cosmetic issues, only the problems they were suffering..

(Maximilian My theory: Friend = Oral Slang. How big is your honker anyway? )

No it isn't me Maximilian or I would have specified it was me - wouldn't bother me asking for advise if it was for myself but it isn't in this instance and its not a big nose thats the problem, its a broken nose....

Advertisement