Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COH: All Hail the winter king.

Options
  • 21-01-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'll post screenies later. Needless to say the guy is a pure XP fountain. Got a character from 18 to 23 in 4 hours (granted some of that time was messing around). The only problem it is slowing down because there are so many people farming it.

I also managed to find the Ghost Ship (got screenies). Didn't manage to sink the ship though in time. Haven't seen the octopus yet, and I found the paladin spawns but it is like watching paint dry waiting for the little things to start building him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

went frosty hunting myself but there were none to be found :( I heard it's supposed to be speeding up.

Where does paladin spawn? I have yet to see him (and beat him to within an inch of his cogs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Snowman is spawning in almost every zone as far as I know. The teams I have been with know the spawn points for Faultline/Boomtown. Seem to give the best XP.

Best way to find him is to get a full team of 8 and then all spread out. Make a note of where he is and then look back at the same spot later.

Striga tons of them spawn on top of the forest near the graveyard (near the Council base).

Ghost Ship spawns in IP and Talos. From what I gather it is random direction and random time. It isn't that hard to miss even from a distance. You have to kill 100 of the ghosts that jump ship then you can get the ship. I think it poops ghosts everytime it goes through a building wall.

Octopus attack is in IP. From what I gather is the striking dockworkers give you a hint to when it will attack. If there are a large number of dockworkers it seems to attract it. But the time at least is random (not sure about spawn points).

Clockwork Paladin. This is random time with set spawns. He spawns in Kings row. Basically look for spot near power pylons and a large number of spawning Cogs (they tend to do it when you get close). You also need a junkpile there although you may see one to start forming. When they reach critical mass (think it is about 40 cogs and 3-4 princes) they will all go bananas on the junkpile and start building it.

You have two options then.
    (1) Kill all the cogs before the paladin spawns and get a badge.
    (2) Wait for it to be built and then kill the paladin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Heres the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Why was I somehow thinking of Winter-een-mas? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, I have done all of the stuff, except for the paladin, I cant find him for the life of me :(

Also, there is a cold warrior badge for killing 100 of the minions that the WL throws at you in his big snowball :D. I think he spawns multiple times in nearly all zones now.

The snowball fights are fun! My SG played CTF and paintball with them, it was hilarious!

Finally, there is ment to be some sort of big ending to this event, the devs have been saying it for the last while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement