Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What options for Dublin-Castlebar, Athlone-Dublin

• 21-01-2005 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Castlebar tomorrow afternoon (Sat), most likely via Heuston Stn. I'll be coming back from Athlone on Monday (leaving there at ~9am). Probably will use the other half of my Heuston-Cbar return ticket.

I'm just wondering if anyone can think of other public transport options for this trip. Bus Eireann is a possibility for the latter journey, but I've heard that it goes via Donegal for the former.

Any ideas?

Al.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

The 21 is the Castlebar/Westport bus and goes through Roscommon, Castlerea and Claremorris.

The only connections I can ever remember were via Ballina and Sligo, but never anything near Donegal and besides the 21 is fairly regular these days, so I can't really see you needing a connecting service.

Athlone-Dublin, I'd stick with the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Stick with the train. Its faster!

enterprise wrote:
    Stick with the train. Its faster!

I thought all you CIE employees were one big integrated happy family.

Who said I worked for a CIE company? Im actually a unemployed poor student :(:(

I thought you'd established a career, herding victims in Heuston station, or was that just work experience?

• Advertisement

:confused::confused:

I think you have the wrong person!

I must be confusing you with another enterprise, that appeared on the DART fare evasion thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trojan wrote:
    Bus Eireann is a possibility for the latter journey, but I've heard that it goes via Donegal for the former.
    Some of the busses operate via Galway.

http://194.106.151.88/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=2&ident=gi.0533188.1106329177&OK#focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

via Donegal was a (slight) exaggeration ;)

Taking the train as usual. Just thought I'd look.

Advertisement