Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part-time Telesales positions

• 21-01-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My company is based in Dublin 8, and we are looking to hire some part-time telesales people. No telesales experience is neccessary, but you must be outgoing and chatty.

The shifts available are primarily 5-9pm mon-fri, and Saturday 10:30am-5pm.
    I would say this position might best suit students looking for two or three of these shifts a week.

Good rates of pay and good commissions.

If this sounds interesting to you or if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭minnie_mouse

Any more info available? location, pay etc...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Delm

The basic pay is €8 per hour, with per sale commission and an on target bonus. My full time sales guys are covering late shifts at the moment and they are getting a good response, but I want to get a few people together to form a late shift. I am hoping for individuals who will work two or three evenings per week, and every second saturday, but I am flexible.

We are located in Inchicore right by the Luas red line. Training will be provided, attitude is everything. Someone who is willing to work hard, and hit targets can make about €170-€180 for twelve hours work (3x four hour evening shifts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and what are they selling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

I heard about these positions. Ann O'Brien recruitment are hiring for them. A friend from college did an interview for it and went out to the job. He said it was a total joke; you're not given sod all info on what you're supposed to be selling and because of that you can't answer any questions people ask you about the things. 8 euros an hour is terrible too - there are callcentre jobs with esat bt and irish life and permanent available at the moment that pay up to 11 euros per hour for an easier job.
    I know which I'd choose.

They would be selling advertising. Canvassing customers out of print publications, that kind of stuff. You couldn't possibly have heard about these positions through any agency, as I don't use them, and if you actually work it out, if your able to do the job you make about €15 an hour, which isn't too shabby for a part time job at all. The only reason I haven't given the company name (because as if I'd care), is I read on the charter somewhere that they don't like you touting other websites. So please don't comment if you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Delm wrote:
    The only reason I haven't given the company name (because as if I'd care), is I read on the charter somewhere that they don't like you touting other websites. So please don't comment if you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

there is a big difference between giving a company name, and mentioning a website.

and if you had read the charter (which i must admit, i havent ina while) but i dont think it says that you cant mentione websites or companies.
    i think it says you can link to websites if it becomes advertisment.

putting a link to a website where there are jobs going is not advertisement. after all, i have linked to monster.co.uk and to other jobsites often enough :)

but if you are happy to put up the website and give more details, if there are positions going, then i do not have a problem with that. this is a community, which is helping itself.

Evilution wrote:
    I heard about these positions. Ann O'Brien recruitment are hiring for them. A friend from college did an interview for it and went out to the job. He said it was a total joke; you're not given sod all info on what you're supposed to be selling and because of that you can't answer any questions people ask you about the things. 8 euros an hour is terrible too - there are callcentre jobs with esat bt and irish life and permanent available at the moment that pay up to 11 euros per hour for an easier job.
    I know which I'd choose.

if you can link where the company name has been specified, by both the poster and your friends, and your friends opinions have been backed up, along with the evidence to the pay in other companies, it would all be appreacited.

if you do not have any of this evidence, then i suggest you kindly shut the fúck up.
    all of your information is hearsay and gossip, and i will not have you abusing some company you dont know on the suferficial evidence of some bloke.

if i get any more rubbish like that from you, you will be banned from this forum, until whenever i decide you can come back in. and no, i dont do week long bans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yea, you do month long bans don't you Eamo? :p

Thanks Whitewashman, I wasn't 100% and didn't want to have the thread removed. The company is called auctions.ie, of which I manage the www.motorauctions.com site. It is an online listing service with the option of an online auction. I have three people working in the private sales section currently, who are calling people who are advertising their cars in print media (all the well known mags) and encouraging them to give us the opportunity to help them sell their car (for a fee of course!).

The response we are getting is good, both from Private individuals and Traders. We have a seperate set of guys dealing with the traders for bulk listings and monthly accounts.

I have years of experience in Telesales and will give full training to any interested individuals, which will stand to them if they wish to pursue a career in sales/marketing or advertising.

Further more, as I don't have the personell in my full time team to supervise the night shifts and saturday shifts indefinately, any candidate who shows responsibility and initiative would certainly have a crack at a supervisory role.

Originally Exsellauctions.com, our motor, truck and plant sites are new, only having launched in early January. We are advertising on RTE radio one and 2FM, ireland on sunday. We are starting a todayfm, independant newspapers and SKY news campaign over the next few weeks, so it is fairly interesting around here at the minute, if a bit hectic!

The pay is as I said €8 per hour, with 10% on your sales, and a weekly on target bonus, so if you're willing to work it can pay off.

In the first instance I am holding telephone interviews, and then arranging a face to face chat (the phone one being the most important for obvious reasons) so have a look at our site, and e-mail me a cv including what time you would like me to call you to davidm@auctions.ie

Advertisement