Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling Ryanair Flight

• 21-01-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

How much notice do you give and are you entitled to a refund?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As far as I know NO refunds are given by ryanair. You can actually change the name on the flight ticket, but you have to pay something like €15 and also the difference in the cost of the flight from when you booked it to what the cost is at the time of name change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Refunds are generally not given on Ryanair flights, although to can request the tax/charges be repaid. It might be better to havet he name changed, or dates changed for the fee they charge - check it out with Ryanair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You won't get anything back off Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Akula

Has anybody actually gotten their tax back?

I thought they refused to do this?

They refused to do it for ages. In England they were ordered to do it. They started charging a 10 quid administration fee (i.e. the amount of the tax) for refunding the tax. In Ireland, they've never refunded anything and afaik they're not breaking the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Akula wrote:
    Has anybody actually gotten their tax back?

I thought they refused to do this?

AFAIK they dont refund the tax..they didnt with me when i used to travel with this pathetic airline quite frequently.......

FYI I believe that Aer Lingus don't refund tax these days either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are no taxes on flights from Ireland.

Advertisement