Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance

Options
  • 01-08-2000 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Prolly was on here before (it's an old one) but **** it .... smile.gif

Tis a joke but if you're uptight dont read on..

Al.

--

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.
    Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, on the seventh day, resting.
    He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"
    God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through
    the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made." Said God.
    Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"
    "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it
    Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."
    "Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.
    God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, North America will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while South America is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot and Russia will be a cold spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued,
    pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid
    while
    this one will be very cold and covered in ice."
    The Archangel impressed by God's work, then pointed to a small landmass and
    said, "What's that one?" "Ah," said God. "That's Ireland, the most glorious place on Earth. It has beautiful lakes, rivers, streams and hills. The people from
    Ireland are going to be handsome, intelligent and humorous and they're going
    to
    be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout
    the world as warriors, poets and scholars.
    Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then exclaimed, "What about balance,
    God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the *******s I'm putting on the island next to them."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

LOL, funny cos it's true! tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

LOL! G'WAN! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

Lol Nice 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

ROFL!!!!

Best one ive heard in along time

biggrin.gif

-Dave

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

biggrin.gif GMAN AL!!! biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

i don't know where u get off on slagging the english like that. It's people like you who keep the two countries at loggerheads. I'm disapointed al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL GO THE FÚCK ON

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Ahh, yes, good show, old chap ! Damn those sassenach bastids !

Say hello to my little friend !!!

Ah come on F_B, it's only a bit of craic. I've nothing against the English; I do however have a sense of humour. We all know there's enough Irishman jokes...

Was that sarcasm I read???

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by FreaK_BrutheR:
    i don't know where u get off on slagging the english like that. It's people like you who keep the two countries at loggerheads. I'm disapointed al.

Mark, I'm disappointed too.

This is a humour board, not a serious one like the humanities board. If I have a serious problem with the English, I will make a serious and logical post there. On this board I will post jokes[1].

I do not take the jokes seriously, nor do I expect mine to be taken so either, doubly so when I post a disclaimer at the top saying some might find it offensive.

I am genuinely sorry that you feel that I am to blame for the bad relations between the two countries, but if you had talked to me about these things you would realise that I am in no way prejudiced against the English as a race (there are certain groups of[2], but that's a different issue).

Sico makes a good point about the amount of Irishman[3] jokes. Having worked with tourists a lot, and travelled a lot, I have heard countless people making these kinds of jokes. Then there's the culchie jokes, some of which can be cruel in the extreme. Should I be shocked and offended? Should I refuse to talk to them? I have more pressing and important things to deal with (like chatting up their daughters[4] smile.gif ) so generally I laugh along.

In any case, I am sorry to have caused you, and all our English bretheren, such offense.

1. (OED): joke —n. 1 thing said or done to cause laughter; witticism. 2 ridiculous person or thing. —v. (-king) make jokes; tease (only joking). no joke colloq. serious matter. jokingly adv. joky adj. (also jokey). jokily adv. jokiness n. [probably Latin jocus jest]

2. E.g. Combat18 and those soccer thugs.

3. Should that be Irish-person? Are we getting ridiculous enough yet?

4. Now, that too is a joke... note the smiley...

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 03-08-2000).]

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

To be fair, I've seen versions of this joke that replace Ireland with England and Canida and replace England with US and France.

It's one of those generic we're better than you jokes.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

well i'll be....."at loggerheads"...i mean who the fark uses that word?

"I'm disapointed Al".....I met you at qp weekend...now not to sound hatefull i hardly know you to make an assesment which may have lead to my disapointment.

"doubly so when I post a disclaimer at the top saying some might find it offensive"...well that was noteworthy by you....but also by me. Thats WHY i took the proverbial ****. Did anyone ever hear me get uptight about race/religion/minority/whatever related jokes.

I'm not an uptight person right SO JUST FU(K OFF AND DIE THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU RACIST, SLAGGIN, ATTACKING, COMBAT 18-OBSESSED SCUM.

sorry anyone took my last or takes this post wrong but hey **** all y'all. :)

Ah, right... phew.. :/

/me is still a tad confused...?

LOL - g'wan the Freak!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by FreaK_BrutheR:

I'm not an uptight person right SO JUST FU(K OFF AND DIE THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU RACIST, SLAGGIN, ATTACKING, COMBAT 18-OBSESSED SCUM.

You forgot chauvinistic.
    wink.gif

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Argh....

this is too complex for my poor hung-over little brain!!

*going back to sleep* smile.gif

Alo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I dunno about the racist thing, im not racist, but i thought the joke was funny. You just got to see it as a joke, thats all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭NakedBibleReadingMan

<upsetvoice>well, its all one big joke to you isn't it!</upsetvoice>

Advertisement