Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My BB anguish

• 21-01-2005 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

So have a laught at this little predicament of mine.

I was living in Clondalkin and had EsatBT as my BB provider, they plain and simple sucked donkey balls. Had loads of problems, anyways.

I mived house to the Walkinstown area where i was told i could get NTL's cable BB service.

So i moved in on the 8th of dec and rang up NTL they said yeah no problem need to get your normal cable hooked up forst, i say ok, 2 weeks later still nothing, i ring them back up they have no evidence of the previous call, so the girl im talking to does up another order for me, this time i get a reference number.

So a week goes by and i ring them and talk to someone else who informs me that BB is not avalable to me in my area and that i can only get normal cable.
    But get this she also informs me its avalable in 4 other estates around me, ffs like.

Ok so i say right i'll ring IBB i should be able to get wireless from then, big no no, they dont do coverage in my area. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

So i say ok i'll ring Eircom and get BB from them, so i ring Eircom and they tell me it will take 2 weeks for my line to be connected, 2 fooking weeks for a normal line, then when i get that i have to do the poxy line test aswell, AAAARRRGGGHHHHH again, so my 2 weeks will be up on Tuesday to have my phone line, still nothing yet.

Will keep you all informed of my constant uphill fight to get BB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

:/

i feel for ya.
    i ordered my ericom phone line in november , nad due to some esat bt ****ateering im still without broadband

after six weeks of lost orders and general idiocy i decided to order with eircom
    apparently esat had marked the line so i couldnt order it
    so finally on tuesday i get the all clear and have ordered with eircom....
    heres hoping you have less hassle :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

At least you have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

Finally got my phone line installed on Saturday, i now have to wait 2-3 working days for it to be on the exchange porperly to order the BB, so heres to Wednesday.

Advertisement