Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Orwell School of Motoring, Rathgar, Opinions Please..

Options
  • 21-01-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

After about a years wait, I finally have a date in February for my driving test in Rathgar. Having only had lessons from my Dad, I'm sure there's a lot of things I do wrong when driving so I'm looking to get a few pro lessons in the next few weeks.

I went up to my local driving school (Orwell School of Motering in Rathgar Village) and asked, they recommended I take an assessment lesson first.

Just wondering if anyone has used these folks before. Lessons cost €35 an hour, which seems quite expensive to me, I'm not sure what the going rate is though.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

I did pre tests with david from there, he was really good and i managed to pass first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

A little aside I know, but make sure you get one of your pretests on the morning of your test.

It gets you into the swing of things and you get everything on your car checked.

I had my test last week, one of my brake bulbs blew between my pretest the day before and the pretest on the morning of the test. Swung down to an auto store during the pretest and replaced the bulb *phew* (Not nice being told to go home because your cars not fit for the test!!).

Advertisement