Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inaugaration Irony

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Redlancer wrote:
    Another fact everyone ignores is America does more than any other country in the world.They send troops to every s**thole when there is a conflict.While the UN sits around and does nothing
    Anger aside, you're factually incorrect - the EU is the largest contributor of foreign aid in the world, both in total amount and in per capita amount and in terms of a percentage of national income. And you'll also note that the US contributes a little less than 1% of the troops who wear the blue beret.
    Why dont all you wingers go back to concern and earn your €11.40 an hour asking "have you a minute for concern"
    A worthwhile task, since Concern are currently over in Indonesia, Aceh, Sri Lanka and other places, getting medical care, food and shelter to those needing it. The US were an enormous help in this with the helicopters from the USS Abraham Lincoln, but they're leaving this friday. Concern will be there till the job's done, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd also be curious to know how Ireland fares in terms of troop provision for peacekeeping missions. On a per capita basism I'd imagine we'd feature near the top of the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

jhegarty wrote:
    the rules for posing to this forum include "Every poster is entitled to their opinion - whether it is ill-informed or not. "

The rules also state that attacks on other posters will not be tolerated.

Where rules overlap, I would have thought it was obvious that you need to comply with both.

This side-discussion is now closed. If anyone has anything they wish to add, they can take it to the "Discussion about the Rules" thread stickied at the top of the forum, or to Feedback as Sceptre suggested if they feel it is not merely an "internal" issue.

jc

Advertisement