Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-moderator for Choccie forum

Options
  • 21-01-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Ok, as the hMod of the chocolate/crisps/sweets forum I wish to request assistance in moderating the forum. Since it started the forum has proved to be a big hit, with a large volume of posters daily.

For this reason, and the fact that I can not be online 24/7 due to demands from the outside world, in particular to commitments with college, social life, clubs/socs, etc I feel the need for a co-mod of the choccie forum.

I have not yet got anybody in mind, but I'm sure ye admins could decide on a suitable candidate.

Memphis
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'll do it. I'm co-moderator of the table quiz forum, and have a keen interest in Chocolate, sweets and crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i like sweets and stuff

(i have also heard that blisterman was saying how that chocolate/sweets/and crisps give him diarrhoea and solitaryman666 reputedly gains pleasure from melting kitkats in a dark room in his house, while cackiling evilly)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's Chocolate, does it need 24/7 moderation? I am suprised.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

memphis wrote:
    I have not yet got anybody in mind, but I'm sure ye admins could decide on a suitable candidate.
    That means the admins will decide. In order to do so, they will look at the forum and find someone with both responsibility and interest. Asking to be a mod is, as a general rule, the most effective way of putting yourself out of the running. BUt then again, it is the chocolate forum, where sugar is god, and all the rules are topsy-turvy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i'll help out if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I think this forum needs the input of a female boards member due to our expertise in such matters which is genetically imprinted on us all.

As one of the main advocators for the inclusion of sweets in the forum I'd like to see it in safe hands as sometimes I wonder about memphis' impartiality in all matters confectionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I nominate Koneko, myself or anyone else who was opposed to it at the start ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Lump wrote:
    It's Chocolate, does it need 24/7 moderation? I am suprised.

John
    John are you mad, its the chocolate forum, its a mad house man MAD HOUSE!!! O_O

I think the only sane thing to do is assign at LEAST 2 more moderators!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry, what was I thinking. You're right, appoint more and more..... and more for good measure.

John

azezil wrote:
    John are you mad, its the chocolate forum, its a mad house man MAD HOUSE!!! O_O

I think the only sane thing to do is assign at LEAST 22 more moderators!!!

Sound idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I will give my backing to anyone who isn't a complete muppet like Memphis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Sangre wrote:
    I will give my backing to anyone who isn't a complete muppet like Memphis.
    Really putting youself up there aren't ya!!!!!!!

Just checked the hits on the Forum and its damn busy since its opened would suggest 2 co-mods rather than 1. (who said it wasn't goin to take offrolleyes.gif)

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

People have knocked me ever since I put in the request for the forum and continue to do , but lighten up.

All I'm saying is the place needs another mod, and I totally agree with some of the statements above in particular that its a mad house at time, hence why I request a co-mod. Also, since it started up it has had a steady flow of posts, and even those that were against the forum at first have started to come round and are now contributing.

Up to admin as to who they want to put forward. I'm happy enough to accept help from whoever admins think will do the job justise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Wouldn't it save a bit of hassle for the admins if you just came out and named who you'd like to be co-mod. Shrimp or someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

teacher teacher....pick me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Rabies wrote:
    teacher teacher....pick me

lol

Henry Steele Commager (1903-1998)
    Historian and Author

“Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive.”

I'm sure Memphis should "Pick" some one, suggest it to regi and them and then they'll activate it.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Pick Me..

I know this little secret, You know the kit-kat 4 finger bars, their alright.. you know, but have you ever tried, 4 KIT -KAT CHUNKIES lined up beside one another.. OH YEAH, the ULTIMATE Kit Kat.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I know loads of little Choc/Sweets/Crisp secrets if you will, to make it a more plesurable expeiance.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Rabies wrote:
    I nominate Koneko, myself or anyone else who was opposed to it at the start ;):p

No thanks, I'd rather poke my eye out with a rusty fork.

Rabies is a sound choice though. Also a sound choice would be getting rid of it (and memphis).

koneko wrote:
    No thanks, I'd rather poke my eye out with a rusty fork.

Rabies is a sound choice though. Also a sound choice would be getting rid of it (and memphis).

LOL, glad to see you are a fan of the forum!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

;)

Of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ok, let me narrow it down a little....

I suggest picking 1 or 2 persons from the following list to stand as co-mod

nukem
    kittykat
    Woosaysdan
    Arginite
    billy the squid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

woo hoo i made the list P-A-R-T-Y!!!! do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight woo get down tonight woo!!! \0\ \0/ /0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

am i opposed?

i refer u to This

i can dance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Raphael wrote:
    That means the admins will decide. In order to do so, they will look at the forum and find someone with both responsibility and interest. Asking to be a mod is, as a general rule, the most effective way of putting yourself out of the running. BUt then again, it is the chocolate forum, where sugar is god, and all the rules are topsy-turvy
    the UCD mod got it by askin and a whole load of frivilous forum have been created because ppl asked

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Kinda funny how this has transpired into a selection box moment really.
    cgo0099l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Can I do it ?

I'm a waster and spend all my time on Boards whilst eating copious amounts of chocolate !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement