Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subterranean Metal

Options
  • 21-01-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

There's a very good article in the new issue of The Wire on very very heavy metal. Features the likes of Earth, SunnO))), Neurosis, Goatsnake, Sleep, Ulver and Leviathan. Has a good introduction on how metal has evolved over the years (lots of interesting ideas). Very informative and makes for a good guide for stuff to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

John2 wrote:
    There's a very good article in the new issue of The Wire on very very heavy metal. Features the likes of Earth, SunnO))), Neurosis, Goatsnake, Sleep, Ulver and Leviathan. Has a good introduction on how metal has evolved over the years (lots of interesting ideas). Very informative and makes for a good guide for stuff to buy.
    Sleep? I haven't listened to any new stuff by them (if there is some), but I'd consider them to just be good 'ol fuzzy stoner metal. Unless there's another band called Sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, I think the Sleep albums got re-released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah they got re-released. And I agree, they're not very very heavy like I said originally but I think they were included for just being great and for making Dopesmoker

Advertisement