Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much are your mocks?

• 21-01-2005 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

mine are €80, are they all the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It depends if you're sending them off to be corrected or not.

As far as I know my mocks were included in the school fees this year.. since they were like five times what they normally are... or at least the teachers haven't mentioned it any other payage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

For some reason im being charged per exam. Really screwin with my haed coz theyre all different prices. How much is maths does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

my moch's are only €25 cause the teachers in the school are correcting 'em...
    €80 :eek: ... ripoff

Yeah but then you get other people to correct it, which is good when you KNOW your teachers are just completely biased.

true...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

So it's an outsider's point of view on our work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

do you get the same shexi paper as we do?

I havent been nervous at all yet, weird. yesterday i had baa-baa black sheep stuck in my head during irish 1

• Advertisement

I wrote 6 haikus and 3 poems after my english paper 1 I was so bored. Started randomly staring into space during paper 2 today, as well...

I get cool paper to write on ... and when I finish my exam, I sometimes ask for more for my drawings ... they have to give it to us, cause we paid €25 for it

Damn I want paper... I have to bring my own paper and pens and everything. Although, with any luck, not log tables 'cause I have maths paper 2 tomorrow and need some of them.

I get lots of paper, lots and lots of it. AHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHA! *sizzled*

Damn I want paper (pad)... I have to bring my own paper and pens and everything. Although, with any luck, not log tables 'cause I have maths paper 2 tomorrow and need some of them.
    heh.. I *wish* we could take our own paper into the exam...
    heh, for the xmas + summer tests, I usually cheat like ****:
    1) write whatever ya wanna write, as hard as ya can
    2) throw that sheep away
    and ya can still read the stuff on the paper underneath it :D
    works well for stuff we gotta learn off by heart, like Irish essays and stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

€30 for me aswell as and extra €4.50 for each paper sent away .So far I know that both English papers and my science are being sent away .

declan_lgs wrote:
    heh.. I *wish* we could take our own paper into the exam...
    heh, for the xmas + summer tests, I usually cheat like ****:
    1) write whatever ya wanna write, as hard as ya can
    2) throw that sheep away
    and ya can still read the stuff on the paper underneath it :D
    works well for stuff we gotta learn off by heart, like Irish essays and stuff...
    Or, you could just actually write the stuff, put it between later pages and produce it during the exam?
    I had opened it on a random page and written little mneumonics I needed for english paper 2, 'cause I didn't want to write on the actual page with them, and no teacher even cared when I was flicking back to look at them.

Thing was that I'd written them DURING the exam and not beforehand, so it wasn't cheating, but I don't think they'd have been able to tell.

But anyway, what the hell would the point in cheating be? You can't do any of that for the JC, so it's not even worth it bothering once.

But anyway, what the hell would the point in cheating be? You can't do any of that for the JC, so it's not even worth it bothering once.
    not much... but still

Are they like the ones you get in the JC? Like, with a blue cover (if I can recall correctly) and just a space to write your number in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Snazzy...last year for mine I got A4 4-page booklety things...

The JC booklets have more than 12 pages...they're fun...you get these metal things to hold everything in place as well....*easily amused*

Are they like the ones you get in the JC? Like, with a blue cover (if I can recall correctly) and just a space to write your number in?
    nah, the ones we got were yellow, and there was like a table to fill in all yer info (name, school, teacher, exam) ...
    the JC ones will be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will be asked to account for the answer booklets in state / college exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

our school write their own papers so that we dont have to pay for em

yeah, you with your posh school! lucan rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sweet girl 666

yeah its so savage cuz when ur finished your exam u can ask for a booklet and you can draw all ova it nd not hand it up.so when the teacher corrects ur exam she doesnt know that u had an extra half an hour to be writing on paper and its deadly cuz you can bring them home and draw on them when ur bored!!smart? eh? :D the only thing bout our school is that they have like our school crest but the still ask u the name of the scholl!!!dumbasses!!!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

i don't now what we have to pay. The school fees were more exspensive this year, so i guess the price was included. I think we're given paper (they wouldn't trust people bringing in their own), i dunno cause i haven't had my mocks yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok, I go to a vocational school, and as far as i know, we're paying €82 for JC exams. but I can't be sure if that includes mocks.

Anywa, I've a medical card, so that pays for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Wisteria

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Ok, I go to a vocational school, and as far as i know, we're paying €82 for JC exams. but I can't be sure if that includes mocks.

Anywa, I've a medical card, so that pays for that.

Really? I have a medical card also so would that pay for my JC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wisteria wrote:
    Really? I have a medical card also so would that pay for my JC?
    It may be that some school offer exemptions to fees for those with medical cards, as a means of assisting less well off families, not that having a medical card automatically entitles you to free fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/education/post_primary_education/junior_certificate_programme.html

If your parent(s) or guardian(s) hold(s) a medical card you do not have to pay SEC exam fees.

Advertisement