Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissertation Ideas

Options
  • 21-01-2005 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

hey anyone got dissertation ideas for a thesis in the area of health, hygiene, health and safety, environment? My head is melted trying to think of something, and then when i think of something iots already done! So annoying!

and also any advice in general dealing with a thesis would help! :D

is it a huge burden???

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It doesn't matter if a subject topic has "Already been done" The point of a dissertation is to research a subject area using your own methods, and record it in your own unique way. I'm sure, especially in an area such as health, an topic would be always changing, hence the need for updated, so to speak, dissertations. It's a bit of a cop out if you say you can't think of anything as it's already been done. If that was the case, no one would write dissertations.

You will be marked on the quality of your research and the way you document it, also with consideration of your own input!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh and a thesis isn't a great burden, just start the work early. A little bit of research at the beginning will show towards the end. If you leave it all to the last week, two weeks, hell even to the last month you'll find it tough. I would seriously advise leaving a week at the end and asking a few class mates/lectures/professionals to have a read of the work and take on board their opinions. This may take more then a week depending on the length/style/subject matter of your work. Best of Luck mate. I'd offer my help, but Health/Medicine isn't my area!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Bheers man thanks, but a lecturer told us not to do something that has been done in the last 3 years, so m just avoiding it where i can.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

how about something looking at the enviromental/health reprecussions of the smoking ban over the last year and a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I would guess that half the class will do it on the smoking ban which
    will really p*ss o£f the lecturers of your thesis. Unless, you have a highly
    original idea - stay away from this topic with a barge pole, or you will just be entering a competition on who can do the best smoking/ban health thesis.

Find somthing that is current and that is original - lecturers are tire of reading the same cliched topics year after year.

a possible topic might be:

health and safety on building sites :forgein workers and their compromised safety...you could interview them. This is topical and would be interesting
    for your lecturers to read (=high grade). You would have to surreptitiously interview these workers of course to find out their knowledge of h+s and their own / or employers aderance to the regulations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement