Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1t/2t?

Options
  • 21-01-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

*no0b question alert*

In the bios, it allows me to set either 1T or 2T. Reading from the manual, 1T is faster than 2T but what are these T's? :D
    What benefits do I get from them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

its to do with tweaking your RAM timings, tighter values like 1T can lead to better performance but make sure the pc is stable, lower these values one at a time, and keep going untill the computer becomes unstable or fails to boot, then take a note of the last sucessful timing, open up the case and reset the bios (move the jumper beside the cmos and back) then put the sucessful timings in the bios et viola you've tweaked your rams performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Ahh, I understand now, thanks.

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

With regards overclocking I have seen benchmarks where a morderately higher overclocked cpu and ram with tight timings is slower than the same machine running maybe 150mhz cpu and 30mhz slower (same timings) pureply because to get the overclock they had to go to T2 timings.

This is an excellent article from anandtech about memory on the A64. Its really good check out the benchies.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2226

Advertisement