Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neck piercing

Options
  • 21-01-2005 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

finally said i was gonna get it done today, so i went to celestial ring at lunch to get it done and the didnt have the right jewelery

darn it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

haha,unlucky friend
    tis a great piercing,i love mine,didnt hurt at all and healed within a month
    catch on the odd sleeve but other than that no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Wtf? Neck piercing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

When I got mine done.. the piercer used a straight bar like one in your tounge
    it was grand for a week or so, thenit started growing out and more of the bar was showing, took it out after about 5 weeks adn now a dirty scar is left
    will wait another few months to see how it heals and may get it done again with the propper staple jewlry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Omg! A neck piercing?
    THATS A LEVEL 7 GOTH PIERCE MY FRIEND!

Sounds repulsive.

Sangre wrote:
    Omg! A neck piercing?
    THATS A LEVEL 7 GOTH PIERCE MY FRIEND!

Sounds repulsive.
    you're an idiot.

• Advertisement

No I'm not.
    Btw, Ive reported your post to the mods for insulting behaviour. You're in for it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, you actually are an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

no need for that sangre, but then again , no need to get insulted over it.

anyway, back on topic, why didn't you try another shop. Nice piercing, i love mine.

to Garth : how the hell did yours heal in a month, mine settle down after a month but im still cleaning it 5 months on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think its a deadly piercing,
    dont see how its a goth thing?
    I've only got my tounge pierced twice, and my nipple and my ear

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Keep it on topic people---Sangre read the charter.If you dont like a particular piercing then fine but I dont want threads ruined by commenting off topic on the item at discussion.
    GarthV---No more personal insults.Likewise for Raphael.

Back on topic---I think its the best piercing Ive ever got done and thinking of getting a second one above it in a longer bar and a third below it in a shorter one.I reckon it would look quite nice actually.Although one going under the existing one vertically would also look quite good.What do you lot think?
    Richie

• Advertisement

Shazbot - i dunno how,my piercings have a tendency to heal quickly anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah i have mine done, and i love it. and i know several people who actually happen to think its quite sexy Sangre :P
    my piercer has a cool 'neck project' type thing he's planning for me, i'm adding another 3 bars, one above and two diagonally below. getting started on it next week, i can't wait! i'll post a pic up when its all done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

nice idea seraphina.interested in seeing how it turns out.

I was planing to get another one passing under the exsisting one vertically, but the one i ave now is very close to my hairline and i think if i get one done vertically the top ball would be under my hair and would make it harder to get a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i was dissapointed but i will just go in there next week and see if they got it in

oh and good to see that my post causes a bit of fuss :-)

and i think i am only a part-time level 5 work sharing goth in my spare time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Lenny wrote:
    When I got mine done.. the piercer used a straight bar like one in your tounge
    it was grand for a week or so, thenit started growing out and more of the bar was showing, took it out after about 5 weeks adn now a dirty scar is left
    will wait another few months to see how it heals and may get it done again with the propper staple jewlry

Wow bad luck, care to tell us what studio did that? :-(
    I've had my nape piercing 2 years almost, and it shows no sign of growing out. I want to change the bar in it though, anyone had this done? Not really something I want to do myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sangre wrote:
    No I'm not.
    Btw, Ive reported your post to the mods for insulting behaviour. You're in for it now.

One more post of this ilk from you and you're banned.

You, what?
    How dare I get annoyed when someone insults me.

What next? You'll ban me for using too many fullstops?....

would having two bars running diagonally like that not restrict your neck movement?

tygon is useless for surface piercings tbh,
    i had one in my stomach and it migrated after a few months,
    when it comes to surface piercings you really need a staple shaped bar to relieve all stress from the area

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

bedlam wrote:
    That will not work, to place one bar under the other you you would be placing both piercings under great strain where they cross, it will also make it very hard to place the piercing in/under the correct layer of skin.

You would have to remove your current one and get two new piercingsd iagonally on your neck to get the effect you want.
         Right                     Wrong
                 /                        |
                    /                     |

Cheers bedlam---Never thought of that.Looks like Ill have to go for the "triangle" shape.One longer one below the existing one and one shorter one above.Couldnt really be bothered taking this one out.
    Dont know how you did that pic but what Im looking for are 4 levels in total finishing with a single ball at the top.Anyone know if this can be done(the single one I mean)
    Thanks
    Richie

• Advertisement

Thats exactly the effect Im looking for.But can I ask one question--What way is a "pocket" done?
    Richie

a pocket wouldnt exactly be the best idea for a nape piercing,too much pressure and it would probably migrate.....then again maybe not

Advertisement