Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scart Question

Options
  • 21-01-2005 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Im using a Scart cable that came free with my lidl dvd player which is now over a year old, what id like to know is how much should a good Scart lead cost, and is there any specific specifications i should look for when buying a new one
    ps if my above question is answered does anyone know where i can get this product in the Wexford/Waterford area or on the Internet
    Cheers :D

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not much point in spending more on a scart cable that your DVD player probably cost. You could expect to pay anything up to €50 for a cable if you wanted.

Mind you, if you just wanted something better that you have, have a look through you Argos Catalogue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

kinkstr wrote:
    is there any specific specifications i should look for

Ya know what i mean jelly-bean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

kinkstr wrote:
    is there any specific specifications i should look for

Not really, the more you spend the better it will be :)

The Monster Video3 scart cable is about €120. Basically look out for gold plated connections and it should be Oxygen free ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think pretty much anything you go for, bar the cheapest of the cheap, will be better than what came with it. I spent a bit of money of a couple of QED RGB SCARTS with no audio. They are sweet but a bit much for your gear. It probably wouldn't do you any harm to spen €20 for a bit of an upgrade.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I seriously doubt you will notice any difference in quality with your setup unles the lead is over 3 mts long or you're watching the picture on a large projector unit/screen where you would notice any deficiencies in the cable.

Why are you changing it? Is it broken ?

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

The picture Quality is not up to sctatch, and i just wanted some pointers as i dont want to go out and waste money on another crappy cable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Poor picture quality could just as easily be a symptom of a cheap DVD player or TV as it could from a poor cable.

Can you be more specific on "not up to scratch" ?
    Is the SCART, you are using, RGB or composite. What TV/display are you using etc.

ZEN

Advertisement