Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

haynes manual for honda civic, anyone?

Options
  • 21-01-2005 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

its for 91 to 96, perfect cond. based in cork. 20euro.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Haynes manual for a Civic, Naw bad swap! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

anyone!

you at the back sir................?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Given the typical quality of Haynes Manuals...... just donate it to the local library.

Section 7 engine removal:
    1) Remove engine !
    section 8 engine installation:
    1) replace engine
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I thought haynes manuals were pretty good,,, no???
    WHats the best manuals for cars then. Im just after paying E18 for a haynes yoke for my car on ebay.

• Advertisement

I think we are just kidding. I have always used Haynes manuals. They can be a bit vague though, and badly laid out. Usually good enough for most diy work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

rander00 wrote:
    I thought haynes manuals were pretty good,,, no???
    WHats the best manuals for cars then. Im just after paying E18 for a haynes yoke for my car on ebay.

I think it depends on the technical writer and/or the car.

I have found the VW one's are not bad but the one for my mom's Peaugot ignored to indicate the distinct function of a whole set of temp sensors all in the same location on the engine. and no information on how to test them either. So even if i could determeine which one did what.... I could do nothing but change them, if I suspected they were faulty.
    Plus I found it pretty incomplete. ie the car had lots of items not mentioned or referenced at all.

I have found the instructions STRATOS illustrates on several occasions, forgetting to mention that you may have to remove most of the air intake, alternator, EFI, etc in come cases.

Bentley Publishing are excellent, that's if the cover the vehicle at all.

Advertisement