Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone thinking of doin Pharmacy?

Options
  • 21-01-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Just wondering really cause I was reading about it in the Irish Times again like the piece I read last year and was wondering if any of you were hoping to do it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Anyone hoping to do... Theoretical Physics hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Im thinkin of doing law, not pharmacy, but if the college you want to do it in has a board, post on that board and ask for advice - I did it on the UCD and TCD board and they were all really helpful and informative. It's really good to gert the perspective of the student - thats what i found neway! good luck!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Im thinkin of doing law, not pharmacy, but if the college you want to do it in has a board, post on that board and ask for advice - I did it on the UCD and TCD board and they were all really helpful and informative. It's really good to gert the perspective of the student - thats what i found neway! good luck!

:)

Thanks for the advice but I did my LC in 2004, I'm in 1st Pharmacy now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Hi AngelDelight,

I have Pharmacy in RCSI (RC005) as ny 1st choice on my CAO form. My school doesn't teach Chem however, so I can't apply to TCD or UCC. May i ak where you are studying it? If in RCSI, is there any form of crash course in Chemistry for people who haven't done it in LC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

I was going to do pharmacy coz i'm doing both biology and chemistry. But i HATE organic chemistry- it's sooooooo hard, so that would be a bit of a prob if i was to do pharmacy! Thinking of optometry now. It's in Dublin though which sucks coz it's too far away from home!! : (

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I've considered it - though I'll more than likely go on and study Applied BioScience...

Rredwell wrote:
    Hi AngelDelight,

I have Pharmacy in RCSI (RC005) as ny 1st choice on my CAO form. My school doesn't teach Chem however, so I can't apply to TCD or UCC. May i ak where you are studying it? If in RCSI, is there any form of crash course in Chemistry for people who haven't done it in LC?

Hi sorry I know this is an old thread but I didn't realise you'd asked me a question! Yup I'm in RCSI, just doing my end of year exams at the min. Umm there's extra chemistry lectures on Tuesdays at 8.30 for people with chemistry difficulties. They're actually scheduled for pre-med but pre-med and 1st pharm have chem lectures together so we can go too. The odd time they clash with other lectures though. The lecturers are great, extremely approachable so you can ask them if you have a specific problem. There was someone this year who hadn't done chem before and he's got on fine as far as I know. It starts off with the basics anyway so you should be ok, they don't really presume former knowledge. Unfortunately for this year's 1st years the best chem lecturer is quite pregnant so she probably won't be around much next year. Anyways it's a really lovely college so if you get it I'm sure you'll like it :) I wouldn't dream of doing anything else, I love it

Hope you see this!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm in RCSI, just doing my end of year exams at the min.
    Do you know Darragh O'Shea?

Fishie wrote:
    Do you know Darragh O'Shea?

There's 2 Darraghs in my class and I don't know their surnames!! We all know each other, theres only 55 in the class

There's 2 Darraghs in my class and I don't know which 1 is 1 !! We all know each other, theres only 55 in the class
    He's tall and has light brown hair, he sometimes wears glasses but usually he wears his contacts these days. He's lovely, I've known him since we were 14! Do you like Pharmacy?

• Advertisement

Ok yes I know him. I love pharmacy, I can't actually put into words how much I like it! It's fantastic :D

I briefly considered Pharmacy but I don't think I'm the type to do it, I do Chemistry and I'm good at it but it's far from being my favourite subject. That's great that you're doing a course you like so much, you're way luckier than a lot of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Angel Delight, thanks for your help and advice! As you know I am in the middle of doing my LC, and your posts have really motivated me further to get the points. AFAIK it was 540 by random selection last year, wasn't it?

I had better go study!

Advertisement