Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe goes mad for broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What do expect. The only company that offers a more reasonable BB package (NTL) is pretty much restricted to the Dublin area and anywhere else is pretty much stuck with a service with outdated caps and sluggish speeds. Seriously when people think of broadband they think of really high speeds. I was suprised when I found that eircoms broadband package was only on average 55kb/s expecially when i used internet cafes before that where the speeds they have is similar to NTL's 1.5 package. Unless one or more european companies invests in the Irish BB market, I doubt we'll see any improvements in the near future. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Ireland was always lagging behind the other countries, nothing new. eircom will offer 10mb broadband to us in 2030 when other's are on 100mb, and that 10mb broadband will probably have 15gb cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

CyberGhost wrote:
    Ireland was always lagging behind the other countries, nothing new. eircom will offer 10mb broadband to us in 2030 when other's are on 100mb, and that 10mb broadband will probably have 15gb cap.

Correction, When Europe has 1GB connections! :mad:

Advertisement