Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder if we'll get to do this here any time soon??? (Title edited)

Options
  • 21-01-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

Perhaps when the Guards and the DOJ get finished, we can play these games here too :rolleyes:

http://www.m90.org/download.php?image_id=1699
    :eek: :eek:

CAUTION!
    4Mb download (.wmv file), but SO worth it if you have the bandwidth :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

lets hope not!
    we dont want to turn into america

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No offence, but if your target's a mountainside, it's not the most challanging of sports, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

Come on Sparks, admit it! You'd love to burn through 60 shots in 2 seconds rather than an hour and 45 minutes just once.

Zakalwe wrote:
    Come on Sparks, admit it! You'd love to burn through 60 shots in 2 seconds rather than an hour and 45 minutes just once.
    At €2 a shot? That's €3600 per minute...
    Think I'll skip that one, thanks Zak, that's two air rifles a minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

Ok then, a fully automatic .22lr machine gun! You don't have to feed it Lapua either.

Give in Sparks. Give in to the bit that's buried inside all men that secretly loves to see stuff blow up and make big noises :D

• Advertisement

No thanks Zak, I'll stick to the creedo of putting one shot where it counts instead of fifty in the general vicinity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Zakalwe wrote:
    burn through 60 shots in 2 seconds
    1800 rounds per minute (rpm)???
    That’d be a minigun of some sort!!! :eek:
    Albeit a slowish one. :D

Most (that I can find details on) hand operated machine guns and ‘assault rifles’ run 400-600rpm, with a few going a bit higher, with some sub-machine guns going up to 1000rpm or so.

Sparks wrote:
    At €2 a shot? That's €3600 per minute...
    Here are a few approximate prices from http://www.ammunitionstore.com/-

All are for copper full metal jacketed surplus stuff (the cheapest).

sub-machine gun ammo-
    9mm Luger– approx. US$100/1000 rounds
    .45ACP– approx. US$150/1000 rounds

machine gun and ‘assault rifle’ ammo-
    5.56x45 NATO– approx. US$150/1000 rounds
    7.62x51 NATO– approx. US$200/1000 rounds

heavy machine gun ammo-
    .50BMG– approx. US$170/150 rounds

Obviously, the 50 food is the most expensive, but given Sparks’ budget of €3600 (approx. US$4600), that’d get over 4000 rounds.
    You’d probably want to budget for a load of replacement barrels too! :D

€100 would buy you a LOT of ‘regular’ sized ammo, and save the 50 and 7.62 for special occasions.

I find that 2 or 3 of us have no trouble blowing through €30-40 worth of .22LR in a decent day at the range. I’d gladly spend twice that for 1000 rounds of full auto fun on an occasional basis. :):)

I'd also like to know what a day out costs the guys with the artillery pieces! :eek:

Rovi wrote:
    I find that 2 or 3 of us have no trouble blowing through €30-40 worth of .22LR in a decent day at the range. I’d gladly spend twice that for 1000 rounds of full auto fun on an occasional basis. :):)
    Well, if you enjoy it and you're not hurting anyone, have fun :)
    It's just not quite my cup of tea, I'd be annoyed by the large group size ;)
    I'd also like to know what a day out costs the guys with the artillery pieces! :eek:
    I'd hate to see their group size...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Give in to the bit that's buried inside all men that secretly loves to see stuff blow up and make big noises

Guilty ... :D
    I love the challenge of the single accurate deliberate shot ..

But just once every so often it is soothing to the soul to just
    blow off steam in safe surroundings ...
    I find that 2 or 3 of us have no trouble blowing through €30-40 worth of .22LR in a decent day at the range. I’d gladly spend twice that for 1000 rounds of full auto fun on an occasional basis.

Yup.. far healthier and more fun than blowing it in a night down the pub :cool: Sign me up anytime..!
    I'd imagine even finding what's left of the target would be difficult ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Rovi wrote:
    A lot more than most people would be able to afford
    Sparks wrote:
    Measured in meters :P Plus, there's not much point in blowing up one area 18 times, it makes more sense to spread the rounds a bit, thus killing/wounding more of the enemy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Or this-
    www.tannerite.com

I wonder how many branches of Government and law enforcement you'd annoy if you tried to bring in this stuff?
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Cheapest ammo I have ever seen for an "arty"piece was $60 per round for a Bofors anti aircraft gun.It was registerd as a full auto machine gun,rather than a destructive device.Guy who owned it shot over 400 rounds at one machine gun shoot in Kentucky.
    Machine guns are a vey rich mans sport.Or you spend a loooooong time at the reloading bench :eek:

Machine guns are a vey rich mans sport.Or you spend a loooooong time at the reloading bench :eek:
    Oh, I don't know, isn't the Czech Republic part of the E.U. now???

How about this for €150???? -
    CZ Brno Machine-Gun VZ 59 7,62 x 54 R
    :eek:

And ammo at €40/1000-
    CZECH ARMY 7,62 x 54R
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Czech ( :D ) out the WWII stuff!!!
    How about a RUSKO MAXIM 1910 7,62 x 54 R for 22,000 Kč (CZK - Czech Republic Koruny).
    That's about €750 (seven hundred and fifty Euro)!!!
    Uses the same ammo as the VZ 59 above.

Have a rummage around, this site is nuts!

They've got Browning M2s :eek: :D :eek: :D
    Only €1100-1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Superintendent, etc, etc, etc.......................

I dunno 'bout those Rovi, but I wouldn't mind trying that new baikal .22lr semi-auto or a fullbore target rifle for a laugh. Bit too expensive though, at least just for the moment. Not sure what course of fire would be appropriately challanging for the baikal either.

mr141k.gif

First though, I want to get to try the ISSF standard pistol competition with one of these -
    izh35m.gif

I mean, 30 shots in 60 seconds (five rounds in 3 seconds, 7 to reload, repeat six times), one-handed on an ISSF target 25m away? That's gotta be tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Capall86

For an artillery shoot it costs on average 30,000 euro! and thats a slow day!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Theres a short clip of a guy using a Russian SMG pumping out about 70 shots in 5 seconds, it's mildly perturbing.

Well, if it's funny videoclips you want ;)

Katana versus Colt .45 - Katana wins
    (Be warned, it's a 9.4Mb download!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

where is the skill in shoting a thousand rounds at a kite. ffa :mad:

Advertisement