Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attn Bank Staff

Options
  • 22-01-2005 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

The bank I work for won't as much as buy you a biro to write with.

There are;

- no newspapers
    - no Christmas parties (unless you pay for them)
    - no drinks
    - a crappy computer system that keeps going down
    - unbelievable sales pressure and products you wouldn't buy yourself
    - a technical helpdesk that tells you to 'turn if off and turn it on again' when you ring with a problem
    - plenty of promotional prospects as long as you sign up to a performance related pay package that is rigged to make you work like hell (incl unpaid overtime) for a pay cut each year (when you take inflation into account)
    - no staff because they know that the poor sop inside the counter will run that bit faster to get the job done and the poor sop outside the counter will eventually sign up to internet or telephone banking when he gets tired of standing around.

and lastly, and this the rock they will perish on; everything they do, every iniative (and most relate to cost cutting) is driven from the top down and not from the coal face (frontline/customer need).

All these things manifest themselves in a bad service and who gets the blame, the poor sod at the desk trying his best despite the above which are outside his control.

I saw an ad some time back for a bank in the UK (I think) that had changed the way they do business so that when you rang, a person answered the phone and when you called into a branch, you got served by a person. It didn't say it in the advertisement but I'd bet that they buy stationery for their staff to use and give them a little cheque at the end of the year if they did a good job.

If there is any financial services company in Ireland that does the above, can someone please tell me who they are. And maybe more importantly can you tell me who doesn't so that I don't end up moving to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I saw an ad some time back for a bank in the UK (I think) that had changed the way they do business so that when you rang, a person answered the phone and when you called into a branch, you got served by a person. It didn't say it in the advertisement but I'd bet that they buy stationery for their staff to use and give them a little cheque at the end of the year if they did a good job.

That was NatWest. It's just an ad. They are as **** as any of the UK banks. Perhaps you need a new job ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i had a bank job like that with aib for a while... i quit after 6 months, it was a pain in the ass

show up late everyday, work slower that usual, never do any overtime, and adopt a idontgivea**** attitude, treat them like they treat you

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Makes the bank I work for seem a whole lot better all of a sudden

Advertisement