Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got any IBB Node Photos to share?

• 22-01-2005 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Just out of interest...

I read of some people who can see the nodes from their homes - like the one on the atrium in Blanchardstown for example. Any chance you could take a quick digicam shot and post it up here?

Would be interesting to see them in their native location, considering they are part and parcel of all IBB client's ability to connect to the net.

Bit anoraky I know... but shure...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

wrafter wrote:
    Just out of interest...

I read of some people who can see the nodes from their homes - like the one on the atrium in Blanchardstown for example. Any chance you could take a quick digicam shot and post it up here?

Would be interesting to see them in their native location, considering they are part and parcel of all IBB client's ability to connect to the net.

Bit anoraky I know... but shure...

i posted up a pic of the mast in Ballymun in one of my threads.
    search boards for threads about green light, signal strength,
    Ripwave signal green light or other similar phrases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I'm connected to belmot nursing home, I'll see what I can do tomorrow it all depends on wheter I wake up before it get's dark :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Shiny wrote:
    i posted up a pic of the mast in Ballymun in one of my threads.
    search boards for threads about green light, signal strength,
    Ripwave signal green light or other similar phrases.

Sorry Shiny, I found photos you posted of the baking tray - nice job - but none of a mast, alas. I was going to post them in here to make a definitive thread of mast photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Here are two pictures of the Belmont Nursing home installation. The first I think is at max zoom on our small digital camera, the second is with uberzoom, that is I took the photo through the eyepiece of some binoculars. Hence the poor quality.

belmont_deafschool.jpg

belmont_zoom.jpg

You can at least make out the sector antenna pointing at me (north), one south, what looks to be two or three east and a load of cables. A TV antenna and some circular thing, (perhaps a point to point) are obsured by a tree.

Rob

(p.s. whatever you do with these photos, don't blow up the belmont node ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

We have you house pinpointed rob, immediate evaculation advised! :-)

Thanks for those shots, nice to see what I ought to be looking for should I encounter a node.

• Advertisement
Advertisement