Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aldi - Car Jack

Options
  • 22-01-2005 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the car jack in Aldi is worth getting please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

about 17 quid iirc. think they have axle stands too. might wander up in the morning and have me a look see

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah good value. As far as I saw from just a picture, it's the standard 2 tonne hydraulic jack that's been around for decades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

The only thing I can say about trolley jacks is whilst weight is the most important thing, how far it will lift is important too. No good a 4 ton jack that lifts your car 5 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Was going to get me one of those - my mate got one and said it was grand - did the job anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you are getting a trolley jack then get the axle stands also. It can be too tempting to crawl under a car that is raised by 8-10 inches without it being securely held up!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I bought one myself along with a creeper board wd40 and a toolbox all of which came to less than €50...not bas at all. Would've bought the axle stands too but bought 3 tonne ones before xmas for €36 I think it was :mad:
    wish I'd waited.
    BTW the weight recomendations on these are per axle right? I mean lifting the back end of a 3.5 ton van with a 2 ton jack is OK yeah ? Hope so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

nothing wrong with the Aldi car jack, worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

shagman wrote:
    I bought one myself along with a creeper board wd40 and a toolbox all of which came to less than €50...not bas at all. Would've bought the axle stands too but bought 3 tonne ones before xmas for €36 I think it was :mad:
    wish I'd waited.
    BTW the weight recomendations on these are per axle right? I mean lifting the back end of a 3.5 ton van with a 2 ton jack is OK yeah ? Hope so.........

The ratings are usually the gross vechile weight. so 3.5 is way over the 2 ton limit, check the manual id say it should tell you the max lifting weight which is more what your after, it may be able to lift the rear end ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

shagman wrote:
    wish I'd waited.
    Does this mean you will use your creeping board to work under an unsafely raised vehicle?
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Ah Shure what could possibly go wrong :D flat shaggy :eek: :(
    No this means I will be checking out my facts before I do get under her.
    The lift + stands will do for my other cars anyway they're around the tonne mark.

Advertisement