Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor GPRS and Ipaq2210

Options
  • 22-01-2005 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Ok, i have myself an Ipaq 2210 and a Sony Erricson t610 mobile phone. I'm trying to get the pocket pc to access the phone's gprs via bluetooth to access the internet but for the life of me i can't get it to work. I used the settings in one of the stickies and someone told me that the number i have to get the phone to dial out is *99#

This does produce a 'connecting' on the phone but after a while it spouts an error of somesuch. Anybody have any as to what i'm doing wrong? The network on the phone is meteor btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, you may have to call 1905 and ask / confirm you are set up for GPRS Internet Access using the isp.mymeteor.ie access point. If you created a new Data Account on the phone entering the Meteor ISP GPRS settings:

Menu > Connectivity > Data Comm. > Data Accounts

Profile Name: Meteor ISP
    Connection Type: GPRS
    APN: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: isp
    IP and DNS are supplied on connection.

Once entered you need to check the Connection ID of the account you created.
    Menu > Connectivity > Data Comm. > Data Accounts > Meteor ISP (or whatever you called the account)

You should see an entry called CID with a numeric value. note this down e.g. CID=3

Then when you have paired the handset and created a new connection profile on the iPAQ dial this entering the CID value into the 'phone number like this: *99***CID#
    e.g. where CID=3 enter *99***3#

Watch your usage of the data, it's not cheap. Meteor GPRS ISP Tariff
    Costing €2.50 per 1/2 MB downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You, my dear friend, are a genius. That worked a treat, thank you very much.

Sorry to be dragging up and old post like this but i tried this and whilst i now can get a connection between the two of them, there is no actual data being transfered between the two. If i try signing into MSN or checking email with the Ipaq it just times out...

Any ideas? I followed your instructions to the letter DubWireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, just to check if it was actually working before in Jan (or just the connection established) if so what worked e.g. web pages with Pocket Internet Explorer....

No it's just the connection established thing. I tried the thing that that other now deleted (i presume) post sugested, but that didn't work either. I just get the two arrows up on the taskbar telling me that it's connected, and i see the connected to wap icon on my phone but nothing happens with the connection.

I know that no data gets transfered too because my credit stays the same.

• Advertisement

With Meteor they charge you for 512kb in advance. So if you go online and download your first 100kb you'll be deducted €2.50. But then if you do it again and download another 100kb your credit appears to be the same. But when you go over the 512kb you'll be charged another €2.50 for your next 512kb.

Meteor have been having some serious problems with GPRS recently, sometimes it fails to connect, fails to attach to the GPRS network or takes a lifetime to do either of these. The problem may not be on your end to be honest.

Advertisement