Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor CHEAP, Ye Right!

Options
  • 22-01-2005 3:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I just found out that meteor wap access costs a f'ing bomb its 2cents for evry kilobyte download + 9cent a minute, anyone else think this is a total rip off especially the 2cent per kilobyte???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

Nothing is cheap in Ireland

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

It's one or the other. It's either the cost of a phone call (wap) or cost per kilobyte (gprs).

Vodafone is also 2c per kilobyte and O2 is 3.

You download incredibly little on normal GPRS usage, in my experience. I've seldom seen my credit go down after a trip around the WAP pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

I never use wap i would be too nervous my credit would run out quickly

Wap no, GPRS yes. :) You can really tell yourself how much you're using. The no "by minute" charging of GPRS is what led me to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

halenger wrote:
    You download incredibly little on normal GPRS usage, in my experience. I've seldom seen my credit go down after a trip around the WAP pages.

Check your credit about 10 - 15 minutes after you have stopped browsing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i smoked 5 euro of credit in a few minutes over a few seperate connections viewing bugger all using gprs. ive disabled the gprs by deleting the settings. good ridance to it. there is a minimum connection per transmission in addition the the 2c charge. it may be around 1 euro or something. im unsure how the credit went down that fast. its cheaper to use it per minute at least u know what it costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Depending what network you are on there may be a connection charge.. I have noticed recently that this isnt the case on Vodafone's RTG service anymore. Whether it is meant to be that way I am unsure but there is definetly no connection charge being charged for the past 7 or 8 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yeah they charge 2c per kilobyte and 2.50 per 1/2mb in advance.

To be honest I've never spent a whole lot on GPRS. I do check credit afterwards and most of the time it doesn't change at all - even after an hour or two or overnight. It serves a purpose but then again I only really use it to check what's on in the cinema right now (when I'm out and away from interweb etc).

But anyhow. It's the same costing for each network - more or less (O2 +1c dearer - on at least 1 tariff) so it's not worth badmouthing Meteor over it! ;) I'm very happy with Meteor. 20 euro a month for unlimited texts to other Meteorites is great stuff.

Advertisement