Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

couple of questions about Taxi Driver

• 22-01-2005 6:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

1. who does he write those letters too? his family?
    2. why does he like going to the dirty movies so much?
    3. why did he sign up for that long hour taxi job?
    4. when Travis first talked to the secret agent, and when he left, and secret agent waved to a photographer, did he wave to for him to take picture of Travis because he thought we was wierd or because the senator was coming?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Is this for your homework or something? I can't believe this is just idle curiousity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol dare I say that it was must curiosity? it was the first time I watched it, and I really loved the movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Interesting piece of news... According to Dave Fanning show the other night, Scorcese and De Niro are teaming up again to make a sequel to Taxi Driver. Hard to know what to think about this. Could be good, then again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

CyberGhost wrote:
    1. who does he write those letters too? his family?
    2. why does he like going to the dirty movies so much?
    3. why did he sign up for that long hour taxi job?
    4. when Travis first talked to the secret agent, and when he left, and secret agent waved to a photographer, did he wave to for him to take picture of Travis because he thought we was wierd or because the senator was coming?

It's been a fair old while since I've seen the film, but I'm sure he's writing to his parents. As for 2 and 3, I think it's just to show he's odd and alienated from everybody else. And I think the secret service guy was trying to get a photo of Travis because he assumed Travis was up to no good.

But I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, so don't take this as gospel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

cashback wrote:
    Interesting piece of news... According to Dave Fanning show the other night, Scorcese and De Niro are teaming up again to make a sequel to Taxi Driver. Hard to know what to think about this. Could be good, then again....
    Oh dear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Taxi Driver 2.

Travis Bickle in Paris

Just when travis thought his life was getting back to normal he was invited to his cousins wedding in paris and when his luggage gets mixed up at the airport it sends him on a journey that he, and especially the airport security staff will never forget...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Imo

1) Hes not writing letters, but a diary.

2) He likes going to dirty movies because (well, why do all guys like them) of his lack of female company. It is to also show tha he is alienated from normal society because he doesn't see anything wrong with bringing a date there.

3) He had nothing else to do with his life, except make money. He seemingly has no skills (just after leaving the army, so I assume he didn't go to colelge or anything, went straight into the army). Also, as he says, hes an insomniac and rides around all night anyway so he might aswell get paid for it.

4) The Secret Service guy signals to take a picture of Travis because he thinks he is suspicious (same reason he takes his name and address, although Travis gives a faulse one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

cashback wrote:

its not definet..more of a rumour..
    apparantly de-niro said himself and scorcese had had a conversation on the subject..where bickle was a much older man.

id hardly call that getting back together..i dont think scorcese is crazy just yet, so i doubt if itll ever see the light of day.

Advertisement