Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

In Car Audio. CDR not playing

Options
  • 22-01-2005 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

I have just purchased a OEM Mercedes audio 10 CD player for my E230. It will play regular CD's but not CDR's. Can anyone recommend a brand of CDR I should tryto burn music on? I have tried messing around with the CD burn speeds but to no avail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

What format have u written the cd to?

Usually when burning something with Nero, selecting 'audio cd' at the begining of the session will work on all cd players, whereas 'MP3 disks' will only work with mp3 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Its just audio cd'rs. They play in all my other CD players, except my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is it supposed to be able to play CDRs?

A friend of mine had a multichanger for his Accord. It refused point-blank to play CDRs (he contacted Honda, and they told him that it wouldn't play CDRs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Its just audio cd'rs. They play in all my other CD players, except my car!

Well that's blown my idea outa the water! sorry m8 :confused:
    Maybe it's a problem with the type of disk? I know some players will only either play CD-R +, or CD-R - .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds like your cd player is not cdr/cdrw compatible. frown.gif

I think some VW cd players are the same. It might be worth looking at the manufacturer's website and check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I remember something a while back about surface reflectivity on cd'rs. There seemed to be 2 different types. Some laser products could read both some could not. The solution was to try different make cdr's 'till one brand works. Dunno if this helps.

Advertisement