Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot Gallagher

• 22-01-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I've always heard George Hamilton saying Gallagher was from Ringsend but I just ignored that as every other person is Irish if they want to be or his family was probably from there. But just watching soccer am and the ref's were doing the crosbar challenge, Gallagher walked up to the camera and said, Dermot Gallagher, Dublin. Good to see we had Irishman reffing in the Premiership. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

eirebhoy wrote:
    I've always heard George Hamilton saying he was from Ringsend but I just ignored that as every other person is Irish if they want to be or his family was probably from there.
    George was born in Belfast I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

^^^ you think right. He started off with BBC NI doing sports as far as I know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mr Gallagher is also one of the better refs , and was also the ref for the Gillette Soccer Saturday/Special sports competiton .(won by Charlie Nicholas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Shamrok wrote:
    George was born in Belfast I think.
    Sorry, I'll change that to: "I've always heard George Hamilton saying Gallagher was from Ringsend...". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Dermot Gallagher reffed a match my dad was at between two amateur Dublin sides but I cant remember for the life of me who they were. It was only a couple of weeks ago.

I like the way Soccer AM put "Banbury, Oxfordshire" up on the caption when he said "Dermot Gallagher: Asylum seeker from Dublin".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

God the refs were shocking , would expect soe of them to be able to at least kick a ball.

Eirebhoy gamepad????

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

eirebhoy wrote:
    Sorry, I'll change that to: "I've always heard George Hamilton saying Gallagher was from Ringsend...". :)
    Sorry, misread that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    God the refs were shocking , would expect soe of them to be able to at least kick a ball.

Eirebhoy gamepad????

kdjac
    Ordered on Monday but they're having probs getting info from the bank. I rang them up yesterday so should be here next week. My little bro was playing online against a few boardsies with the keyboard. I wouldn't embarrass myself though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:
    I wouldn't embarrass myself though. :)

yah i will do that for you :)

Just buy one in Game or Argos. Im crap really , but all football disputes should be settled in that game :) Got Pats in, working on Shels then i get Seansouth and his bunch of fanboys.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    yah i will do that for you :)

Just buy one in Game or Argos. Im crap really , but all football disputes should be settled in that game :) Got Pats in, working on Shels then i get Seansouth and his bunch of fanboys.

kdjac

I can only imagine what your version of Shels would be like :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I know this should be a separate thread but I hate Hamilton with a passion. I told him as much when I saw him on the DART one night, told him to shut up saying the game was in the bag when Ireland are only a goal up (see 'Houghton scores and its one nil, that'll put us top of the group', then BANG BANG BANG, we lose 3-1 to Austria)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:
    working on Shels then i get Seansouth and his bunch of fanboys.
    What on Earth? :confused::confused:

Advertisement