Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Costs

• 22-01-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me rough idea or site where i could get an estimate on cost of building a house in Wexford ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That old chestnut! :)

Welcome to boards Sundala and DIY, hopefully we can give u an idea but it all depends on a number of factors.
    1 - Type of build, Direct labour or Builder.
    2 - Size of house
    3 - Type of house, Timber Frame, TEK, Block
    4 - Finish in house - standard windows, doors, roof.

I think I have read here that a builder can cost anything from 120 to 150 per sq foot.
    Direct labour is very hard to quantify, the more you do yourself the cheaper it will be, also where in the country you are, if you have mates who are in the trade you may get the job done cheaper,
    Our hut is 2100 sq foot - timber frame, UFH, GEO, natural stone finish, slate, PVC windows, we are looking at a build cost of about 180k, so we are looking at about 85 Euro per sq foot.
    With this though I am doing a lot myself,

What I suggest is that you go to your local bookshop, there are a number of books out there that have house plans, they also have the costs to build these house, it will i give you an idea of what you are looking at,

All the best

Advertisement