Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Help And Help Again

• 22-01-2005 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Just got my Wireless gear this morn from Komplett. Linksys WKPC54G kit with Router and Laptop card. Fantastic. Tore into it straight away. Read Manual understood majority of it.

Put in the CD and setup the router and pressed install "no internet connection found" is what i got. *Some fiddling and a quick re-read - all good"

Linsys.com and used there diagnostic tool "no internet connection found" even though its an online test (mind boggles)

Anyways cant figure out why its not detecting the internet is it my BT modem ZyXEL 623R. Please Help

Nukem

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I dont think that you need theZyxel router with that Linksys box. You should just need to enter any connections settings that Eircom whoever gave you into the config for the Linksys box and plug the phone line into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

The Linksys doesnt have a built in DSL line its this one
    Wrecking my head. E-mailed Linksys but will be a while, i searched it here on boards and i am not the first but i tried all their ideas.
    It keeps dialling the ZyXEL server on 192.168.1.1 so tried 192.162.0.1 was an idea and nothing. Is it ment to be set for bridging or router?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

OK I was looking at the wrong one and Linksys helped to mislead me with them calling it 'Broadband' for some reason when its got nothing to do with broadband.

I had a look at the quick install manual from the Linksys site, and it says that the Linksys config can be found at 192.168.1.1.
    But the one for the Zyxel says that its default is on the same IP address also. So one of these has to be changed, probably to 192.168.1.2.
    I couldn't find a complete manual for either of them though to give you a better guess as to where you might change this though.

You are a legendbiggrin.gif
    I tried all the ideas before though.There is a big manual with linksys but it hinges all on the IP - linksys has a 192.168.0.1 as well for this but its not working.Hope they e-mail me soon so i can get it done.

Sorry if i mislead you. The linksys is a 4way router with wireless.The ZyXEL is a 1 way router(2pc's) so using the 10/100 line as the internet feed to the linksys(thats right i think) and the lights are all on,all happy but no IP and it cant detect my internet line?

Sh*t outta ideas.Thanks for all the help man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Hi Nukem, I emailed Linksys a couple of times around the end of November and I'm still waiting.................

I wonder did you see this thread about putting your modem into 'bridge mode'.....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=218029

Different set-up I know but might point you in the right direction maybe.......

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Lads thanks fo all the help.
    I tried bridging and disabling DHCp but the connection fails then mad.gif
    As you can see the linksys and my ZyXEL have the same IP 192.168.1.1 so it keeps dialling the ZyXEL IP - dont know why.Just need the IP fom linksys id say and then reset bridging. Any more ideas.

Thanks Again
    Nukem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

me again Nukem.........at the risk of boring you,did you see this one.........http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176027

Sorry if you did,I know the feeling......I was soooo close to taking a large hammer to mine..........!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Nah man thanx for the help. Got a result of kinds. Hooked everthing up again and wired it up to the Laptop and had a look. *Bang* got the Linksys IP on the laptop and the Zyxwel on the PC.(all lost)
    Have to play with the settings later cant connect properly at all? Some more tinkering and maybe
    Cheers for the help.

Edit:just reading that link again - hope it might work.Nukem

Ei2JC wrote:
    me again Nukem.........at the risk of boring you,did you see this one.........http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176027

Sorry if you did,I know the feeling......I was soooo close to taking a large hammer to mine..........!
    Thank you thank you thank you. On the lappie now by lan just got to play with the settings a bit more. Cheers

Nukem

EDIT:NAh went messinga bit too much square one again - goin to kill someone if this doesnt work soon.

Advertisement