Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie vs. myhome.ie

Options
  • 22-01-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Guys, just want to query this one with anyone who might have experience...
    Have recently put my home up for sale and the auctioneering company have put it on myhome.ie.
    That's all very well but lately I've heard a good bit of talk aboout daft.ie and how good they're doing,do you think its worth putting my own add on daft aswell? (The auctioneering company doesnt cover this so id have to pay for this one myself) or should i just let myhome.ie do its job?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Akula

I think myhome.ie is meant to be the best if you are selling.

Daft is bigger for people looking to rent afaik. Personally I'd say you'd be fine with myhome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I read recently in the Sunday independant 'homes' section that Daft.ie is making big inroads into www.myhome.ie's territory, reason for this is because alot of people that dealt with daft for renting are returning to them as first time buyers.

So if your house is under the €317K mark or aimed at FTB it might be worth thinking about. Personally though my home is still the 1st site I'd think of and still the most well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I hope daft gets bigger and bigger because the estate agents have had it too good for too long,they are charging big percentage's for doing little or no work,i mean it doesn't take a genius to sell a house these days and 2% plus vat on 300,000 is a lot of money for absolutley nothing.

The good thing about daft is that anyone can advertise,but you have to be an estate agent to advertise on myhome.Sometimes i wonder was it an estate agent that set up my home just to get the extra 100 euro from everyone.

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭banjaxxed

Yes, myhome was paid for by the big agencys

Advertisement