Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC joypad problem

Options
  • 22-01-2005 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I got a usb PS2 joypad converter to use with Pro Evo on the PC but I can't get it to recognise it and have to use the keyboard, it works fine with other games. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can you select it in Settings?

If not check its showing perfectly in Control Panel and calibrate it ensuring every button is working.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I can't select it in settings, in control panel/game controllers when I go to add a joypad it tells me "Your gameport or gameport drivers are not properly configured, please consult the devise manager" Where is the devise manager?

Did you get a driver disk with it ?

Go to Start Control Panel System Hardware Device manager.

You have a HID Compliant device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    If you new to pcs heres a screenshot
    Follow the numbers and click on the yellow thing and right click to install new driver. Once you have a new driver (windows update may have one you be fine)
    My paint shop skills are legenadry :D

device.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

You should have been an artist :p
    I have the drivers and all installed and the pad is calibrated but still when I go to button configuration on Pro Evo all i can choose is keyboard. I tried my friends joypad which is a wireless PC pad and it worked first time :mad:
    My pad works fine with a Gameboy advance emulator I have and other games but no Pro Evo???

Was the game installed before the gamepad?

All i can think off it should work if showing in Control Panel.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement