Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good value Car Hire in France ?

• 22-01-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Flying into Paris Beauvais with Ryanair this June for 2 week holiday.

Looking for best value online booking for car-hire.

Ryanair partner with Hertz and it's not too bad but I'll bet one of you folks out there have spotted a better deal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

There's a few sites around that'll check the various car rental companies available.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

Best I've found is Argus Car Rental. (www.argusrentals.com) usually about €50 cheaper than Hertz for a weekly rental. Register on their site for better prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

If you do gowith Hertz you should register for their gold card. It's free but they have a lounge for you at the airport, you get huge discounts, better sevice.(theres non of that waiting/queing to pick up the car, they have a special line just for gold club members) Not just that but they are also very flexible about up-grades once you get over there for no extra cost. I can't say enough good things about it. All of you should register because it simply is the best way to rent a car abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Widget

I would also recommending applying fro Hertz Gold Card or something similar with whatever company you end up with. In the past I always try to use a broker as they nearly always beat the prices on offer through the companies themselves. I have used Nova based in Co Down although been taken over recently and prices not so keen - their web site is www.rentacar-ireland.com, also try Holiday Autos based in UK, their prices tend to be very good. they will rent cars to you anywhere in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

you'll probably want to go for one of the 5 companies based at the airport, to avoid extra hassles and costs:
    http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/location_voi.php

Never heard of ucar before, so they'll probably be the cheapest :-)

Family car for 2 weeks for 500 euro sounds good
    http://www.ucar-location.com/offres.asp
    might want to make sure insurance etc. is included

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

is there any (price) advantage to hiring now or closer to the holiday ?
    (I've hired dozens of cars in the past but always for business trips.. so never really plan in advance or even pay attention to the costs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

There's no price advantage afaik, but you'll have a better choice.

Advertisement