Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iriver or creative ZEN micro

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Tony wrote:
    ok just getting the hand of ripping cds in to mp3 using windows media player, I'm impressed with playback quality
    You mean to WMA format dont you?? WMA is far superior in Audio quality to MP3 for the same bit rate. My advice is to use WMA-vbr at one setting down from the highest - its a good compromise between size and quality.

Also dont forget to uncheck the 'Copy protect my music' option in media player so it doesnt add nasty DRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You mean to WMA format dont you?? WMA is far superior in Audio quality to MP3 for the same bit rate. My advice is to use WMA-vbr at one setting down from the highest - its a good compromise between size and quality.

Also dont forget to uncheck the 'Copy protect my music' option in media player so it doesnt add nasty DRM.

you are right of course its WMA. I have it set to highest quality as i'd rather lose space than quality. Thanks for your advise, windows media player seems pretty handy for doing this but is there a better program?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Tony wrote:
    you are right of course its WMA. I have it set to highest quality as i'd rather lose space than quality. Thanks for your advise, windows media player seems pretty handy for doing this but is there a better program?

I think WMP10 does the job well - I know a lot of others dont like it. Also its Sync list is the easiest way to get my tracks to my Zen Micro.

I think WMP10 does the job well - I know a lot of others dont like it. Also its Sync list is the easiest way to get my tracks to my Zen Micro.

yeah its seems to be working well so far. I like the way it puts ecah artists cd in to his/her own folder and then you just drag and drop

ok just finsihed copying in all my Cd's in the Iriver, have to say I'm very impressed with the sound quality and ease of use. Found a free program on the mystic river forum called iriverter which converts mpegs in avi compatible with the 300 so well pleased I can watch video on it as well. Have it in the glove box now connected to the AUX of the car stereo, great for long trips on random shuffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have the Iriver H340 after having the Zen Micro for a short while. Man am I happier..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the new 6gb ipod mini with 20+hour battery life looks tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

IRivers are better IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I-river has a 5 gig player out to, H10. Peats have it, very nice i think. Was nearlly going to get one but decided to holdon to my H140 till i-river squizes a 10/20gig hd in the H10.
    I-rivers sound is excelent btw.

Jozi

Advertisement