Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate covered espresso beans

• 22-01-2005 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

anyone know where i can get such things in dublin ?
    have tried
    Gloria jeans, west coast coffee co, and a few places all to no avail.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanna

I love them too. I have a very vague memory of getting them in Spar on Camden street about 5 years ago. I've seen them a few other places as well but mainly in small shops. They used to come in a small box a bit like toppets or toffets or whatever you call them. Hope that helps(but probably doesn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭wendigo

thanks,
    but kinda doesnt help.

not to worry someone going to the states soon, im sure i can bribe them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

ah, i used to get them in a small bakery in naas, imported straight from italy, but its gone now :( the memories...

i know the avoca shop (basement) had them before christmas, but i was in there last week looking for them to no avail.

perhaps they;ve restocked since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Could you make them yourself with espresso beans and chocolate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Maybe in the epicurean food hall near the ha'penny bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭wendigo

yeah the little italian place said they had them, but had run out about a week ago.
    they are awaiting a delivery and im awaiting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dach

AVOCA
    i have to get them for the brother in law every Xmas- and they've never let me down.
    either the one in town or go to the wicklow one-it's worth the trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Green and Black's do chocolate bars with espresso beans - it should be pretty close to what you want, no?

Wouldn't choco-covered espresso beans make you super-hyper* though?

*Funny word combo, for those who know some Latin & Greek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

yep, avoca.

just checked the other day and they're restocked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Possibly unhelpful, but if you know anybody going to the UK they should be pretty easy to get. I used to eat them by the bucketload when I lived there. The best place to get them is a chain called Whittard's which makes specialty teas, coffees etc. You'll find a branch in every major town in England at any rate.

The Cappucino ones are the best....wasn't too fond of the Irish Cream ones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jackie g

whittards definitely !! you can order from them now on-line on their website - i ordered lots of great coffee gifts for christmas including addictive chocolate expresso beans and all arrived in good nick and good time. do a google for whittards of london and you'll find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

....are these beans used to make coffee or eaten like sweets? i'm intrigued!

Advertisement