Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitten's First Outdoor Experience ;)

• 22-01-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 cats .. and just got a cat flap put in. The youngest one is 6 months and she has always been in the house. I haven't let her out at all.

Today she got her key to the house, the poor ickle mite. I stuck her through the cat flap (which is really high off the ground with a rate outside the door to prevent any handgliding tragedies). So, out goes little 'Elma' into the wildeness of the back garden. It was raining. She was waving her little paws in the air, having great crack trying to catch the drops. She did something similar at the window the other week when it was snowing.

She had a little sniff and walk here and there, and then came back to the crate. Raced in through the flap. She was saturated. The funny thing is, she kept doing this really odd dance, kinda like an otter does (cause her paws had obviously saturated with moisture).

A bad wet day for a first .. but lets hope she has many more care free days in the garden .. and my cat litter/ and air freshner bill down drastically ) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Wern't you the B word earlier??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No, bubby is a different person

Sounds really cute bubby, try and take a picture next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :o It reminds me of my cats first outdoor experiences, we were scared that they could get hit by cars out on the road so we tied leashes to them and walked them around like dogs :D They loved it, sniffing everything and checking out stuff :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thats a great sig picture you have there!! :)
    Russuan Blue cats are gorgeus!

This morning I came down to breakfast and neither cat nor kitten were to be seen. I looked out the back window and there was little Elma walking up and down beside the rabbit's run.
    yes, I have a rabbit too! My boyfriend built a 6 ft run for the rabbit and to me it looked like the rabbit and the cat (on different sides of the chicken wire) were accompanying each other up and down the garden.

I was worried about letting them out too, especially the 6 month old kitten, she genuinely hasn't been out before. So, its all new. She wouldn't know what a car is. The only time she has seen one is from a cat box on the way to get shots from the vet :D

Sweet! You have to love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They are getting really used to the cat flap now. Had to lock it this evening while I painted some stuff outside and the thumps the flap was getting .. :D

So, she spent the evening indoors .. asleep on the sofa. See attached pic :p .. the I'm still asleep look!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

bubby wrote:
    Thats a great sig picture you have there!! :)
    Russuan Blue cats are gorgeus!
    Yes he is but he's not mine I found the pic on the net :)
    bubby wrote:
    Sweet! You have to love them.
    Yes redface.gif

Advertisement