Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Almera - Carkit / access to stereo

Options
  • 22-01-2005 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Right folks. Hope you can help!

I'm installing a carkit in a 01 Almera. It's got one of those factory fit stereo's which I need access to to wire my carkit. It's not entirely obvious how you actually remove the centre dashboard piece and I'm all washed out with google. Is it too much to assume that there maybe a straight forward way of getting to the stereo to wire this?

Also I believe there is a reset button to prevent locking the stereo when you power it off.

please help, it breaking my back. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I presume your trying to get at the incoming call mute connection. It may be brought out to a connector under the dash, thus you would not need to access the radio. The radio may not have such facilities. Surley a quick call to a main dealer could help. In my experience if you have a problem, a visit to a main dealer will do the trick. Go around the back where the guys in overalls are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I know its a bit late but

To remove the radio and front dash console;
    Open the Flip Lid on top of the dash.
    Grab the front middle of the tray that was covered by the flip lid.
    Pull it towards the Handbrake.
    It should slide forward reveilins 2 screws.
    You should be able to figure out the rest.
    There is a Yellow Wire (Mute) in a 01 Almera.

If you want my opinion just leave the radio alone and don't bother with the Mute option. Remove the HandBag Holder in the Passanger Footwell. Use Cable ties to mount the phone cradle. This way you will leave no holes in the dash if you go to sell the car. Wire the powersupply to the 12V Adapter in between the 2 Front Seats.

Advertisement